Simple Brew Pot Stand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sosman

beerling
Reaction score
I created a simple stand for my boiler and gave it a run today.

A few more details at http://www.metrak.com/wiki/homebrew/moin.cgi/BrewPotStand

BrewStand.jpg

Hope your mash tun is higher than it ... would be a pain to lift the keg onto that if it was full! Nice work though :)

Actually I mash in the kitchen and boil out in the garage at the moment so I have to lug the wort from kitched to garage anyway. When I life the keg it has about have the final volume in it - I bring out runnings from batch sparge in a separate pot.

It is just high enough that I can siphon into fermenter (give or take a bit). Any lower and I would need a pump. The legs are 600mm long and it isn't that hard to lift the keg + 15L of liquid onto it.

i used to lift my keg with the post boil volume in it ... bloody heavy and an acident waiting to happen. Got a pump now so no more lifts, it is a good investment. Wouldn't want to do yourself an injusry which prevents you brewing more beer :eek:

sosman,
Without sounding negative mate it looks to me a little unstable , I'll like to see the legs wider or come out on an angle.

I am sure you are safe azz with it , just if it did get a decent knock by yourself or someone else , it could be a nasty outcome

Sorry mate my job makes me judge things like this , all the best with it

Batz

gotta agree with batz on this one sos.3 legs that close is a bit on the accident side waiting to happen.wouldve been far more stable with four legs if you want to stay within your footprint.

cheers
big d

Batz said:
Without sounding negative mate it looks to me a little unstable , I'll like to see the legs wider or come out on an angle.

I am sure you are safe azz with it , just if it did get a decent knock by yourself or someone else , it could be a nasty outcome
Thanks for all the concern you guys. I'm all choked up.

Your comments are fair but it is far safer than my previous setup. Maybe a base for it would be an improvement.

Also when I was load testing it I put the empty keg on it and climbed on top. It would take a decent knock indeed to push it over (or a faulty weld :) )

sosman said:
Also when I was load testing it I put the empty keg on it and climbed on top. It would take a decent knock indeed to push it over (or a faulty weld :) )
Now that sounds dodgey! Should have posted that picture :lol:

Back