• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Simcoe Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Does anyone know who's got Simcoe hops in stock, I'm in desperate need of some?

Cheers Ross

Ross said:

Cheers Ross
[post="86676"][/post]​

ive got em from two places in the past - goliath and brewyourownathome in canberra. you could give them a shot.

whatcher using em in? i made an all-simcoe IPA earlier this year that was tasty

neonmeate said:
Ross said:

Cheers Ross
[post="86676"][/post]​

ive got em from two places in the past - goliath and brewyourownathome in canberra. you could give them a shot.

whatcher using em in? i made an all-simcoe IPA earlier this year that was tasty
[post="86686"][/post]​

Re-doing my Amber Ale - I think I may have my first infection & not prepared to risk taking it any further, especially as I'm about to split it, to make my first fruit beer...

Ross said:

Cheers Ross
[post="86676"][/post]​

Someone here should have a pile as they were included in the Crispy bulk buy. I got 200 g and after 2 brews still have a fair bit left. But Im a bit far away.

tangent said:
how much do you need Ross?
[post="86689"][/post]​

50 gms for the brew, but would like to buy some to have in stock as use them in all my apa's...

Cheers Ross

If someone closer can't help you out Ross, I send you up a relief package of Simcoe hops.

Beers,
Doc

let us know, we can get you out of a pickle at the least
have you asked Crispy?

Thanks guys,

Picking up 50 gms for John Griffin, which will get me out of trouble :D - If anyone has any to sell, please pm me :D

Have you tried grumpys?. How do you know it is infected? BTW fruit and infection might go well together. I would give it a go then dump it if you don't like it
cheers

Darren said:
Have you tried grumpys?. How do you know it is infected? BTW fruit and infection might go well together. I would give it a go then dump it if you don't like it
cheers
[post="86771"][/post]​

Grumpys wont have any Simcoe or Amarillo till February I'm told :( .... apparantly James squire bought up all the Amarillo in aus for their Golden Ale...

Got the medicinal smell / murky wort of wild yeast - haven't chucked it yet, but i'll take so0me persuading to keep it...

have you tried brew goliath yet ross? they might have them, give Bill a call as he seems to have more then is on his website. Just ordered a stack of specialty grains and some different yeasts.

(08) 8369 3649

sluggerdog said:
have you tried brew goliath yet ross? they might have them, give Bill a call as he seems to have more then is on his website. Just ordered a stack of specialty grains and some different yeasts.

(08) 8369 3649
[post="86854"][/post]​

Not yet, slugger, might give them a call next week - I contacted a few USA supply mobs by email last night & they reckon they can supply to Aus - they've got plugs as well - just waiting on prices...

Thanks for the hops John :D , your new place looks good; you just need to get a few ales happening - fast - lol... Whens the moving in party? :party:
& thanks for the Rye Ipa from the Big Brew Day - Murky as the Brisbane River, but a lovely drop...

cheers Ross

Ross,

You won't be able to get the plugs into the country without doing a whole bunch of paper work.
Pellets aren't a problem as long as you declare them.
I think Marks Home Brew in Newcastle had some when I was there recently. They will post too.

Beers,
Doc

or maybee try nz the hop do have import hops cheaps www.nzhops.co.nz

Have you tried "bintani" Google will pull them up. Had a bunch of the freshed cascade I have ever had from them.

Ive got about 150g of simcoe pellets. I bought them from grumpys about 1 month ago. If you cant get them from grumpys or bintani, try Hopco from Tasmania. They are a brewery supplier and generally keep a bit of stock. Be warned they only sell pellets in 5kg bags(plugs in smaller amounts). Maybe if Australia is all out till next feb set up a bulk buy and resell to this web site.

Happy hopping,
Mudsta :beerbang:

mudsta said:
Ive got about 150g of simcoe pellets. I bought them from grumpys about 1 month ago. If you cant get them from grumpys or bintani, try Hopco from Tasmania. They are a brewery supplier and generally keep a bit of stock. Be warned they only sell pellets in 5kg bags(plugs in smaller amounts). Maybe if Australia is all out till next feb set up a bulk buy and resell to this web site.

Happy hopping,
Mudsta :beerbang:
[post="86954"][/post]​

Brewers,
Something I have noticed is that varieties of hops vary from year-to-year. Anyone else notice that?
cheers
Darren

Back