Quantcast

Simcoe Hops

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Does anyone know who's got Simcoe hops in stock, I'm in desperate need of some?

Cheers Ross

neonmeate

hello
Reaction score
Ross said:

Cheers Ross
[post="86676"][/post]​
ive got em from two places in the past - goliath and brewyourownathome in canberra. you could give them a shot.

whatcher using em in? i made an all-simcoe IPA earlier this year that was tasty

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
neonmeate said:
Ross said:

Cheers Ross
[post="86676"][/post]​
ive got em from two places in the past - goliath and brewyourownathome in canberra. you could give them a shot.

whatcher using em in? i made an all-simcoe IPA earlier this year that was tasty
[post="86686"][/post]​
Re-doing my Amber Ale - I think I may have my first infection & not prepared to risk taking it any further, especially as I'm about to split it, to make my first fruit beer...

tangent

Reaction score
how much do you need Ross?

Guest Lurker

Big Dog Brewing
Reaction score
Ross said:

Cheers Ross
[post="86676"][/post]​

Someone here should have a pile as they were included in the Crispy bulk buy. I got 200 g and after 2 brews still have a fair bit left. But Im a bit far away.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
tangent said:
how much do you need Ross?
[post="86689"][/post]​
50 gms for the brew, but would like to buy some to have in stock as use them in all my apa's...

Cheers Ross

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
If someone closer can't help you out Ross, I send you up a relief package of Simcoe hops.

Beers,
Doc

tangent

Reaction score
let us know, we can get you out of a pickle at the least
have you asked Crispy?

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

Picking up 50 gms for John Griffin, which will get me out of trouble :D - If anyone has any to sell, please pm me :D

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Have you tried grumpys?. How do you know it is infected? BTW fruit and infection might go well together. I would give it a go then dump it if you don't like it
cheers

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Darren said:
Have you tried grumpys?. How do you know it is infected? BTW fruit and infection might go well together. I would give it a go then dump it if you don't like it
cheers
[post="86771"][/post]​
Grumpys wont have any Simcoe or Amarillo till February I'm told :( .... apparantly James squire bought up all the Amarillo in aus for their Golden Ale...

Got the medicinal smell / murky wort of wild yeast - haven't chucked it yet, but i'll take so0me persuading to keep it...

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
have you tried brew goliath yet ross? they might have them, give Bill a call as he seems to have more then is on his website. Just ordered a stack of specialty grains and some different yeasts.

(08) 8369 3649

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
sluggerdog said:
have you tried brew goliath yet ross? they might have them, give Bill a call as he seems to have more then is on his website. Just ordered a stack of specialty grains and some different yeasts.

(08) 8369 3649
[post="86854"][/post]​
Not yet, slugger, might give them a call next week - I contacted a few USA supply mobs by email last night & they reckon they can supply to Aus - they've got plugs as well - just waiting on prices...

Thanks for the hops John :D , your new place looks good; you just need to get a few ales happening - fast - lol... Whens the moving in party? :party:
& thanks for the Rye Ipa from the Big Brew Day - Murky as the Brisbane River, but a lovely drop...

cheers Ross

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Ross,

You won't be able to get the plugs into the country without doing a whole bunch of paper work.
Pellets aren't a problem as long as you declare them.
I think Marks Home Brew in Newcastle had some when I was there recently. They will post too.

Beers,
Doc

Jazman

Fishweide BrauHaus
Reaction score
or maybee try nz the hop do have import hops cheaps www.nzhops.co.nz

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Have you tried "bintani" Google will pull them up. Had a bunch of the freshed cascade I have ever had from them.

mudsta

Reaction score
Ive got about 150g of simcoe pellets. I bought them from grumpys about 1 month ago. If you cant get them from grumpys or bintani, try Hopco from Tasmania. They are a brewery supplier and generally keep a bit of stock. Be warned they only sell pellets in 5kg bags(plugs in smaller amounts). Maybe if Australia is all out till next feb set up a bulk buy and resell to this web site.

Happy hopping,
Mudsta :beerbang:

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
mudsta said:
Ive got about 150g of simcoe pellets. I bought them from grumpys about 1 month ago. If you cant get them from grumpys or bintani, try Hopco from Tasmania. They are a brewery supplier and generally keep a bit of stock. Be warned they only sell pellets in 5kg bags(plugs in smaller amounts). Maybe if Australia is all out till next feb set up a bulk buy and resell to this web site.

Happy hopping,
Mudsta :beerbang:
[post="86954"][/post]​

Brewers,
Something I have noticed is that varieties of hops vary from year-to-year. Anyone else notice that?
cheers
Darren

Latest posts