Silicon Tubing Around Fb?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoozer

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Has been a long time between posts here, but have an issue I cant seem to find answers to from searching...
Anyhoo, I'm almost finished my gas-fired recirculating mash system and am concerned about the flames effect on the silicon tube I have split and placed around the outside of my perforated 12" false bottom (to stop grain getting underneath).
I will be heating my mash water in my mash tun before adding grain and recirculating with the pump. The flame will only be on very low to maintain temp but I may do some step infusions in future which would require the gas to be a on higher setting.
Does anyone foresee any problems with the silicon hose being in contact with the keg bottom? I imagine it bloody hot after a while.
Hopefully I dont scorch my grain as there is a ring of about 5cm between the edge of the FB and the outside of the keg. I may have to go for a FULL FB in future with legs to keep all the grain off the bottom?
cheers!
snoozer

Hi guys,
Has been a long time between posts here, but have an issue I cant seem to find answers to from searching...
Anyhoo, I'm almost finished my gas-fired recirculating mash system and am concerned about the flames effect on the silicon tube I have split and placed around the outside of my perforated 12" false bottom (to stop grain getting underneath).
I will be heating my mash water in my mash tun before adding grain and recirculating with the pump. The flame will only be on very low to maintain temp but I may do some step infusions in future which would require the gas to be a on higher setting.
Does anyone foresee any problems with the silicon hose being in contact with the keg bottom? I imagine it bloody hot after a while.
Hopefully I dont scorch my grain as there is a ring of about 5cm between the edge of the FB and the outside of the keg. I may have to go for a FULL FB in future with legs to keep all the grain off the bottom?
cheers!
snoozer
The silicon hose will be fine.
Nev

Latest posts

Back