Sight Glass Finished

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Finished the sight glass with the new scale
very happy with it
The kettle

and the HLT

Nice batz.
One thing, blue? maybe you can read it well, but hey wheres the S/S with the level etched in, maybe you couldn't read it very well at all like that but it would look cool :D
Just being a smarty pants. ;)
Jayse

Great setup Batz.
Lotsa stainless - love it.
Looks like I need to look at getting a sight glass for my kettle soon.

Thanks Jayse

I am sure you will be impressed when I post pics of the whole AG brewery on the gallery

Lots of S/S , will try to correct the sight glass scale (would you believe it's stainless under the blue paint!)

Batz :ph34r:

What did you end up using for the tubing Batz? Looks a little more rigid than 3/4" vinyl tube. Is it an acrylic tube. At the moment I'm looking for a replacement tube as my acrylic one got a crack in it at the water line. Would hate to walk away and come back later to see all my hot water on the ground. I'm just usinig vinyl tubing ATM but looking for something a bit better.

Cheers, nice one Batz. Life with a sight glass is bliss.

Cheers, Justin

Is that a windscreen wiper motor on top of the HLT?

Yes it acrylic tubing

And yes it a wiper motor , keeps the water at an ever temperture through out the HLT , otherwise I found you get hot spots near the element.
This is not good for the herms system

I just put a sight glass on my HLT using polycarbonate tubing.

brewiki: sight glass

SightGlass.jpg

It is just pushed into a pushin style elbow.

Nice one SOS

My sight glass on the kettle is starting to show signs heat stress now , that's after 15 or so brews , perhaps not suited to a kettle ,I may remove it and just use the one on ths HLT.

Batz

Batz said:
My sight glass on the kettle is starting to show signs heat stress now , that's after 15 or so brews , perhaps not suited to a kettle ,I may remove it and just use the one on ths HLT.
What material did you use? I seem to recall it was acrylic.

Latest posts

Back