Sierra Nevada In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guest Lurker

Big Dog Brewing
Reaction score
Saw in the neswletter from the International Beer Shop in Perth that they have brought in Sierra Nevada beers. The only one currently on the website is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at the sum of $8.50 for a 350 ml bottle! But they may not have updated the website, the pale ale wasnt there yesterday.

Update - rang them, they only have the pale ale, it sold out within minutes of hitting the shelves, none left! Its imported from the UK not from the US.

http://www.internationalbeershop.com.au/pr...?product_id=580

I would probably pay $8.50 for one bottle, once, just so I could try this beer. It has quite a reputation - basically the APA that all others seem to be compared against.

Hopefully some "bright spark" in the liquor business here in NSW decides to import it. Sounds like a total no-brainer for any liquor store - $8.50 a bottle and there's clearly plenty of demand out there!

It is $5.99 at BWS at Alfred cove, where they are having a tasting tomorrow...

IBS
sierra nevada pale ale ?
im there next month for a quick perusal if i can find time. ;) (5 odd days)

cheers
big d

snpa is a nice beer i was lucky some one bought me one form the usa

Well I have to say that $8.50 for a 350ml stubby of any beer is an outrageous price to pay.

I'll just stick to homebrewing.

johnno

I tried some sierra nevada pale ale whilst i was in the states, and i wouldnt say it was really special. Although I must admit i'm not a huge fan of an APA.

vlbaby.

very true johnno but as a one off to no what its like then i would cough up the money.just would hope it has travelled reasonably well.then again it would be far better to try it from the tap.

cheers
big d

I tried one yesterday and loved it. It's a great session beer and for my palate a much nicer drop than Little Creatures. I've always found little creatures too grassy/harshly hopped.

big d said:
IBS
sierra nevada pale ale ?
im there next month for a quick perusal if i can find time. ;) (5 odd days)

cheers
big d
[post="86134"][/post]​

Big D - fancy a beer? I am in Indonesia 5 to 13 Nov but will be in perth after that. Unless you are still pouring the concrete floor on your shed, in that case I am busy.

Sorry i the tasting is on saturday, 70+Beers, but Im sick of promoting it

Jeez, when you consider I was paying $5.99 US (that's about $8.00 in our currency) for a six pack of SNPA in Alaska it seems excessive to charge $8.50 for a single bottle. :blink:

Still reckon it's a beer worth trying though.

C&B
TDA

Was over in Hong Kong a few months ago and was able to buy SNPA in the supermarket for about $3AUS per bottle.

It's a nice beer, but I personally thought LCPA is better (maybe because we get it in better condition). It's certainly worth trying, and I reckon it would be better fresh off tap, but $8.50 for a beer that's been shipped to England, then shipped to Australia? We shouldn't take crap like this from retailers. If you pay those prices, it just encourages them to be be even bigger theiving bastards.

Cheers
MAH

Big D - fancy a beer? I am in Indonesia 5 to 13 Nov but will be in perth after that. Unless you are still pouring the concrete floor on your shed, in that case I am busy.
[post="86178"][/post]​
[/quote]

would love to catch up for a beer gl.will be in perth around the 21st to the 25th nov.shed slab was poured last visit.this time its the house going up.

cheers
big d

Can you stretch it over a weekend Dave?

It could even be a brew day....

Anyone tried the Matilda Bay Alpha Ale? I reckon its a ripper

Is it close to SNPA?

would love to goat but could only manage a week off work.

MAH said:
We shouldn't take crap like this from retailers. If you pay those prices, it just encourages them to be be even bigger theiving bastards.

Cheers
MAH
[post="86246"][/post]​

Don't blame the retailer, they can only charge based on what they pay for it and with a (generally) standard %based mark up. Of course before it gets to the retailer it goes through a distributor and importer and each of these has to make money.

SNPA sounds like an un-official import (coming via UK) so that just compounds the costs, I dare say that if it was coming in via the US in large (1000+ cases) quantities we may be paying more like 20-25 a 6 pack.

And for my money i will stick with LC or homebrew.... snpa is VERY good but.....

Back