Sierra Nevada @ Dan Murphy's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it mean by 1st Release? Are there multiple releases of the 2012 southern around? Does it have the USA health details on the bottle or the local variation (sans the standard drinks / importer sticker)?

I was drinking this 6 months ago, and Im certain that the label was different. Don't know what the 1st Release means.

Browndog, thanks for the porter recipe. Good to have a guide for US style darks, I'll add this to my 'to-do' list

Has the US health warning

So then the guess would have to be they are importing it themselves? Without a doubt there are multiple releases around. Does it have a specific vintage on the bottle design? Should be 2012 Southern Hop Harvest.

So then the guess would have to be they are importing it themselves? Without a doubt there are multiple releases around. Does it have a specific vintage on the bottle design? Should be 2012 Southern Hop Harvest.

Yep 2012

Dropped by Dan's today and spent too much as usual :eek: Got a six of Torpedo no discount $24.odd, last time I bought it was crap this time nice and tasty but I must say enjoy the Ballast Point Bigeye more. Shelled out the $11.95 for the BP Porter hope it is good and a bottle of Hoppy Hefe to try out. Didn't spot any Southern Harvest in our Dan's.

I'm thinking Dan Murphy knows where I work and live. They just opened a store in The Gap, and are close to completing a store in Strathpine.
Have to check out these new stores for their selection.

Even turned up at a BWS here in Tas (Riverside for those interested). I'd like to say that they were in worse nick than the bottlo who gets in the good craft beer, but not so. In the fridge too.

:icon_offtopic: What's Riverside like as a 'burb? Doing research, and we're likely to land in the North, not South. But trying to balance living near a CBD vs a big plot of land.

Goomba

Finally got the SN southern hop harvest. Pretty good, got Nelson Sauvin.

Also got quite a strong Melon aroma. What hop is responsible? I've been meaning to do a Summer ( the hop) lager.

Finally got the SN southern hop harvest. Pretty good, got Nelson Sauvin.

Also got quite a strong Melon aroma. What hop is responsible? I've been meaning to do a Summer ( the hop) lager.

Usually when I get a melon aroma it's ester-derived. Wonder if they use a different yeast for that one?

Picked up two this arvo after work from vintage cellars for 9.95 each - at least they were both tucked away in a nice cool dark part of the fridge. Dans I simply don't trust anymore.

I was in Dan's today and two great piles of stuff sitting outside in the yard at about 30C. Looked like megaswill and 4X Gold so don't suppose the locals will be too bothered.

Back