Sierra Navada Beer Camp, Simmer Down Brown, Brown IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Hi Brewers,

At Beer Camp 90 Liam and I, in conjunction with the other campers brewed a Brown IPA. This beer was bittered with Simcoe for a smooth bitterness with lots of late Centennial and Simcoe in the kettle, then more Simcoe and Centennial in a whirlpool. After fermenting out the beer went in to the Torpedo with our very own Galaxy hops. I am happy to say this beer is going on tap in Brisbane at The Scratch Bar, Archive and The Burrow in the next day or two. It will also be on tap at Alehouse24 at Yamanto on Saturday at 10am where Liam and I will be on hand to pour the first pints. It's taken quite a while to get here, but with Sierra Navada's attention to QA in everything they do and ensuring it came to Aussie refrigerated, I'll hoping it still retains its freshness. Whatever the case, I can't wait for Saturday morning to roll along. I've attached SN's promotional blurb.

SimmerDownBrown.jpg

View attachment SimmerDownBrown.pdf

cheers

Browndog

Simmer Down Browndog Ale

Can't wait to try it at archive this weekend.

Are you allowed to post the recipe?

Looks delicious.

Man, that's really cool Tony, congratulations!

Hope it is on at Archive on Thursday, will hop in on the way to or from BABBs then, if it's not already sold out by then.

How many kegs per venue, do you know?

@ Tiprya, yes, if I can get hold of an exact copy of it, I'll try and hunt it down from one of the other campers. Liam may have it.

@ Florian, Scratch are putting it on tomorrow, not sure about the Burrow or Archive so it may pay to give them a call. Scratch got 1 keg, Archive got 1, The Burrow got 2 and Alehouse24 got 2.

I'm not really sure what all this is about a beer camp, but a "Brown IPA"? Never even heard of the style. I must brew it. Or you know, try to.

slash22000 said:
I'm not really sure what all this is about a beer camp, but a "Brown IPA"? Never even heard of the style. I must brew it. Or you know, try to.
It's not a style as such Slash, at these beer camps you are encouraged to do things a little different, the proof will be in the pudding.

This is awesome, browndog. You know if any kegs are headed elsewhere?

browndog said:
the proof will be in the pudding.
Bribie will be upset...

Bum will be upset...

browndog said:
Hi Brewers,

At Beer Camp 90 Liam and I, in conjunction with the other campers brewed a Brown IPA. This beer was bittered with Simcoe for a smooth bitterness with lots of late Centennial and Simcoe in the kettle, then more Simcoe and Centennial in a whirlpool. After fermenting out the beer went in to the Torpedo with our very own Galaxy hops. I am happy to say this beer is going on tap in Brisbane at The Scratch Bar, Archive and The Burrow in the next day or two. It will also be on tap at Alehouse24 at Yamanto on Saturday at 10am where Liam and I will be on hand to pour the first pints. It's taken quite a while to get here, but with Sierra Navada's attention to QA in everything they do and ensuring it came to Aussie refrigerated, I'll hoping it still retains its freshness. Whatever the case, I can't wait for Saturday morning to roll along. I've attached SN's promotional blurb.

attachicon.gif
SimmerDownBrown.jpg

attachicon.gif
SimmerDownBrown.pdf

cheers

Browndog
I hate living in this one horse town, nothing like this would ever happen here, dumbass mega swill country town.
I can't make it up there but the recipe would be awesome. I am the cheapest drunk ever & two 5% beers & my lips go numb, the third I can't feel my legs & the fourth I'm feeling the wife's legs. At 7%, I better chuck my PJ's on before hooking into a couple of those.............. :beerbang:

I'll do my best to get the recipe Crusty, better dig out those PJs

browndog said:
@ Tiprya, yes, if I can get hold of an exact copy of it, I'll try and hunt it down from one of the other campers. Liam may have it.

@ Florian, Scratch are putting it on tomorrow, not sure about the Burrow or Archive so it may pay to give them a call. Scratch got 1 keg, Archive got 1, The Burrow got 2 and Alehouse24 got 2.
The Burrow got two! Have to find out if it's on I guess....

BD and scientist (?) - good work.

Probably won't get to taste it in Melb but you should feel a little bit of pride anyway. Good stuff.

Have to buy some brake pads this morning, but hoping to get to Ale House 24 for 10am :party:

ha, your not the only one with car issues. I've just found the Soarer has a flow through system on the power steering pump. Luckily Liam's Mum is driving use to the Alehouse !

Have a blast Tony and Liam. Sad I can't be there today, hopefully there's still some left when I get there.

Latest posts

Back