Siera Nevada Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim - Perth

Reaction score
Have any of you (probably mainly Perthites) tried the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from TWOC. It's supposed to be close to the real mcoy, or, at least, very good & if so, what did you think of it?
Jim

Can't say I have. But BYO had an issue a couple of months ago with the extract and AG recipes for a few of the big beers in America. Of course their editor missed a few mistakes in the recipes but that was picked up by readers and corrected in a later edition. I have the Sierra Nevada on file witing for a brewday.

Cheers
Andrew

hi jim
i bought 2 twoc sierra kits a year ago to try when on perth holidays and i wasnt overly impressed with the end results.could just be me and my evolving beer taste buds so also will be keen on other peoples opinions that have tried it.

cheers
big d

Its surprising that they can sell a kit called SNPA. Bit like me selling a Coopers pale ale kit.
Big D, Why did you buy the kit when you could make your own?
cheers
Darren

an easy answer darren.i wasnt as full on into ag back when i bought the kits.

Ah, I should learn to read more carefully! I assumed you bought them last trip to Perth
cheers
Darren

Thanks big d. I was going to get a couple to try but, after your experience, may just try one first - I'll let you know what I think.
What extract or partial did you add to it & what yeast?
Jim.

Hi Everyone,
I am about 2 hours from the Brewery.
SNPA is considered to be "THE STANDARD" of the industry, for a Micro Pale Ale.
You can't go wrong with it...from the brewery!
Hint: put it in your freezer for 20 minutes of so. Crack the cap, let it breath for about 15 minutes!

Matt.

mchitiea said:
Hi Everyone,
I am about 2 hours from the Brewery.
SNPA is considered to be "THE STANDARD" of the industry, for a Micro Pale Ale.
You can't go wrong with it...from the brewery!
Hint: put it in your freezer for 20 minutes of so. Crack the cap, let it breath for about 15 minutes!

Matt.
[post="72900"][/post]​
Thanks for the hint Matt and SNPA is certainly the oft quoted APA standard, together with our local LCPA(and skunk fart version for us HBrs) of course. Would value your opinion as to what effect the freezer method has on the beer, given pubs typically serve beer too cold.

RE: SNPA out of the Freezer.

- I have NO IDEA if it "does anything" for the beer, BUT.....(personal preference).....I think it tastes better that way.

BREW-ON
Matt Chitiea
C&C Distributing
Pepsi Equipment Liquidators of N. Ca.

Back