Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome questions cocko, awesome answers pj.

PJ - really nice rig man! She (assumption) will make many a fine beer!

Cheers, Well I hope she make good beer, Same equipment just a different configuration, now just need to re-learn the correct process for this rig.

Next project is the bar and a Rim system to match the rig

Thanks again

PJ

Is the second valve on your kettle for Whirlpooling? IF so, what made you/why did you mount it where you did?

Yes it is for whirlpooling, I got the 70 litre at the start when i was only doing single batches (20-25L) with the option to do double. I place it there to be able to do single batches.

this is clever thinking, wish i'd thought of that

congratulations on building a fantastic rig, may you have many years of happy brewing

I collect the water exiting my chiller in my hlt and its already hoyt
pump into kettle full to brim. Add half a pack of napisan and leave overnight

i dont recycle this. It gets tipped

Thanks Don. Soaking my immersion ATM. I'll report back on the reusing front. I cant see it getting too soiled that quickly, and im not short on storage vessels (ex fermentors).

i been looking over the rigs here as i think i am going 3V maybe herms or rims using a little brown pump to kick off on a single level brew rig but have a question

what do most do with the spent grain to get it out of the tun ? do most just manhandle them off the rig to empty ?
some of the tuns look fairly locked into position with piping and temp probes etc.

i was thinking to keep the tun fairly movable for emptying would make like easier ? either my big esky or a keggle tun...

input or the chance to come look at your 3V in BNE would be appreciated

thanks

I have a 55 litre esky, I cool the grain with hose and feed it to the front lawn by hand full

Rejigged mine to be a 2V setup (with a HERMS as well), the HLT wasn't really worth the effort just doing single batches, so I've put the mill on there instead. My kettle now doubles as HLT and I (still) put my runnings in a bucket with volume markings.
The one advantage of wood, just chop a bit off here, pull a few planks off etc.
img0303ai.jpg

Made a Mash paddle out of Mitre 10 Maple, $4.67 of it. Design is loosely inspired by the (puny) GN twin scoop of days gone by. Wish I had a lathe/carpentry skills, as you could knock up some nice cricket bat mash paddles i think, thought about having a v shaped back but it would have looked like the andes with my jigsaw. worked a treat in the mash.
img0313jy.jpg

looks like a well sorted brewery hsb, nice looking mash paddle too

cheers

thanks, after a few dud brewdays (stuck mashes, electrical problems etc.) over the last few months i was about ready to chuck it in and turn to the dark side of the urn (spiedel) but i took it out on the brewery instead and all is now well again. back in business!

the mash paddle was an easy win and my carpentry skills/equipment are definitely average, one day i'll make that ss jumbo tribute paddle lol.

Hi guys, Here is my Herms, take 2..... Still a work in progress, have cleaned up the wiring a bit and still has a few issues with the heat the rambo burner puts out (into everything else around it), but all in all system works well. Uses 2 PID contollers to regulate the HLT and HE temps.

p1010919last.jpg

Hi guys, Here is my Herms, take 2..... Still a work in progress, have cleaned up the wiring a bit and still has a few issues with the heat the rambo burner puts out (into everything else around it), but all in all system works well. Uses 2 PID contollers to regulate the HLT and HE temps.

that's very nice. I like the site glass concept !

BOG

Well after 10 Biabs I decied to upgrade to a 3v herms system using Nevs Hex build and herm it pump.
Managed to get some shelving from work that was being disposed of and designed something to suit.
Even has a hose rack to hang all my hoses. Haven't brewed on it yet though.

brew_stand3.JPG

Impressive, but were I conducting a risk assessment on that rig, I'd ping you for the powerboards facing up and asking for liquid to be spilled on them.

BD

Well after 10 Biabs I decied to upgrade to a 3v herms system using Nevs Hex build and herm it pump.
Managed to get some shelving from work that was being disposed of and designed something to suit.
Even has a hose rack to hang all my hoses. Haven't brewed on it yet though.

View attachment 54285

Looks the Ducks Mate! Now for a trial run....... remember to record all gravities, volumes times etc.

Cheers,

Screwy

Good work Campbell. The lure to the HERMS is always too strong. It is for us all....

:)

Hi Guys,

I've been working on a blog for my RIMS brewery which I built about a year ago. http://greyghostbrewery.wordpress.com/

It's my first AG brewery, excluding the plastic bucket system I started out with. There have been continuos upgrades since it's first inception and it will continue to evolve as time goes on.

There are a few pics and a heap of info about the system and my other gear. I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions.

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

I've been working on a blog for my RIMS brewery which I built about a year ago. http://greyghostbrewery.wordpress.com/

It's my first AG brewery, excluding the plastic bucket system I started out with. There have been continuos upgrades since it's first inception and it will continue to evolve as time goes on.

There are a few pics and a heap of info about the system and my other gear. I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions.

Cheers!

nice, love the software you've written, that's my long term (i.e never do it :) ) plan

All the fancy shit here really puts my brewery in the flintstones era. So, here it is, finally

5fb25735.jpg

Chilling sorted out - yep :p
Recirc sorted out - yep
Hopefully no stuck mashes!!! lol

Going to insulate the HLT and mt at some stage...

Back