Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Augo, that post was meant for Wobbly. I got lost in the myriad of photos

Here's mine...all home made from a cheap keg, flashed stc-1000+ controller with variable voltage regulators, kettle elements, bunnings shelving and a KK pump. Getting it dialled in nicely - yesterday's brew was a 1.051 pale ale which got about 90% mash efficiency and 78.5% BH efficiency.

341DE27F-54FC-4474-AE5E-D5B15383A677_zpstbgnj7dj.jpeg

That ss basket looks handy. Where did you source it and what are the dimensions?

/QUOTE]

Here's mine...all home made from a cheap keg, flashed stc-1000+ controller with variable voltage regulators, kettle elements, bunnings shelving and a KK pump. Getting it dialled in nicely - yesterday's brew was a 1.051 pale ale which got about 90% mash efficiency and 78.5% BH efficiency.

341DE27F-54FC-4474-AE5E-D5B15383A677_zpstbgnj7dj.jpeg

Hey @Wobbly74 just wondering what you use the little brown pump for on what I assume is your HLT.

Gravity feed not enough ?

Also you and many others mention flashed STC1000's.
Pardon my ignorance, but why do you need to flash them and if it's necessary how do you do it?

I know I can google it and find the answer but I'm in the middle of switching our water filters and then I have to cook chicken teriyaki :phew:

Only came upstairs to the "office" to refill my glass :)

Yep, eBay basket - can get it in 31x30 or 35x35 dimensions. I use the little pump because gravity feed doesn't work all the way to the bottom of the sparge urn's volume...

And the flashed stc isn't really doable any more - there was a guy that wrote a replacement firmware for a particular chipset which is no longer available. I've just recently replaced this with a raspberry pi based system though...

And the flashed stc isn't really doable any more - there was a guy that wrote a replacement firmware for a particular chipset which is no longer available. I've just recently replaced this with a raspberry pi based system though...

Ahh no worries. I keep threatening to do something with this Raspberry Pi sitting in my top drawer:)

Yet another electric brewery build. Gave me a good excuse to buy a welder :)

First brew going through now, everything behaving as it should (a miracle given the number of wires inside).

90L HTL + Kettle, 50L MLT with autosparge. Used the bigger kegking pumps as I was worried about flow rate through the HERMS, they seem to work really well!

The only bugger so far is the PID controllers are hard to read in the sunlight - might need to make a shield over them or something.

20181001_101615.jpg

Yet another electric brewery build. Gave me a good excuse to buy a welder :)

First brew going through now, everything behaving as it should (a miracle given the number of wires inside).

90L HTL + Kettle, 50L MLT with autosparge. Used the bigger kegking pumps as I was worried about flow rate through the HERMS, they seem to work really well!

The only bugger so far is the PID controllers are hard to read in the sunlight - might need to make a shield over them or something.

View attachment 113725

Could you just spin the bench around so the PIDs are pointing towards the darker shed? Might make them easier to read.

Really nice setup by the way.

Could you just spin the bench around so the PIDs are pointing towards the darker shed? Might make them easier to read.

Really nice setup by the way.
Thanks - yes I could spin it around, however the 32A point is on that side of the door - and currently I can just pump waste to a drain point just out of shot (could use a couple of longer hoses I guess). Will knock up a 3d printed "sun visor" first and see how that fares :)

I have just recently got back into brewing after almost 10 years and am brand new to all grain brewing. My rig consists of all off the shelf stuff (Grainfather etc etc). I won't post pics of that because we all know what they look like. I have, however rigged up my Tilt Hydrometer to a Raspberry pi and created a some dashboards (using Splunk) to track current and past brews. Hopefully this is more interesting than some pics of the Grainfather :)

If anyone is interested in setting this up, let me know and I will post an overview of the setup process.

I have just recently got back into brewing after almost 10 years and am brand new to all grain brewing. My rig consists of all off the shelf stuff (Grainfather etc etc). I won't post pics of that because we all know what they look like. I have, however rigged up my Tilt Hydrometer to a Raspberry pi and created a some dashboards (using Splunk) to track current and past brews. Hopefully this is more interesting than some pics of the Grainfather :)

If anyone is interested in setting this up, let me know and I will post an overview of the setup process.

Gday Bin Chicken,
just wondering if you could post some info about your set up as I would love to track all my brews easily
cheers
Pump

PNG image.png
Here’s mine , I built the rig years ago but had a long time idle but now back to brewing I’m changing over to electric the htl has a 2200 watt element and I just got another element yesterday for the kettle

View attachment 112978 I've been building this piece by piece for the past few years when I've had the money to put toward it and the time to build it. Nearly complete.

I've now completed my build and I've done a couple of brews. I did an 18l test batch and stuffed up the sparge, but the beer still came out really good. I recently did a 36l batch, milled my own grain, used brewing salts, made pH adjustments and managed 88% efficiency. Tried the beer the other day and I couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181030-161936_2.jpg
    Screenshot_20181030-161936_2.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 341
  • IMAG2241.jpg
    IMAG2241.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
That looks like an awesome setup! Any more info on the control panel and build overall?

It all looks really neat and taking a guess at what each bit is for on the panel is for looks like the sort of panel I'd like to build.

Latest posts

Back