Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STALAG BREWERY.

After our visit to Chappo's and seeing the great array or rigs I decided that I should upgrade mine from 'tins on the work bench' to brew rig. Franko provided the basic tube specs and a good carpenter mate did the woodwork. Pretty happy with the overall result. Just have to sort out the electrics box now.

Cheers, Hoges.

RIG7a.jpg

That looks awesome Hoges.

Looks like i need to get my shit into gear and make a frame. I currently need to lift everything whenever i need to transfer out of it. Last brew day i spilt the sparge water and grains onto my leg as i was pouring the water into the mash tun whilst wearing thongs... Genius.

Plus, I just bought a 100Lt kettle, it'll be a bit hard to lift.

Just need to work out if i want to go single tier or 2 tier (for if i want to fly sparge in the future).

Cheers,
Al

Plus, I just bought a 100Lt kettle, it'll be a bit hard to lift.

Yep when I had the MLT sitting on the bench I was gravity draining the wort to the kettle. Had to rig an electric winch up to the roof of the garage to lift the boiling wort from the floor up to a height where I could gravity feed through the HE. Much easier position now.

Cheers, Hoges.

HOoooGannnn............ that is a very nice looking rig mate. The timber slats look awesome, but tell me, is it run by the laptop? or is that for brewing and posting?

cheers

Browndog

STALAG BREWERY.

After our visit to Chappo's and seeing the great array or rigs I decided that I should upgrade mine from 'tins on the work bench' to brew rig. Franko provided the basic tube specs and a good carpenter mate did the woodwork. Pretty happy with the overall result. Just have to sort out the electrics box now.

Cheers, Hoges.

View attachment 37572

Nice :icon_chickcheers:

I added some stainless to my rig today love the SS.

P5170584.JPG

Heres my brew rig.

Its not much to look at...but i assure you, it makes beer :)

med_gallery_10325_462_21321.jpg

current brewrig pic, dodgy phone picture but you get the idea..

current HLT is a 35lt urn which is getting annoying, that'll be the next upgrade.

med_gallery_9889_579_125684.jpg

Looks good, Gav.

Your old false bottom has had its first workout in the updated WarmBeer Brewery, and worked a treat.

current brewrig pic, dodgy phone picture but you get the idea..

current HLT is a 35lt urn which is getting annoying, that'll be the next upgrade.

med_gallery_9889_579_125684.jpg

Hey gav,

Nice setup. What's that electronic gadget on top of the MLT? Also is that a fridgemate or similar siting in the shelf above the gas bottle?

Hey gav,

Nice setup. What's that electronic gadget on top of the MLT? Also is that a fridgemate or similar siting in the shelf above the gas bottle?

I think he rans scales for volume stuff.

its just a scale display.. so I can use it to see how much water im putting in..

its a tempmate on the shelve, i've got a thermowell in the side of the urn so this way I can set it for the strike temp and put it on a auto switch power adapter and heat my water up 1hr before I get up for a brew, this takes 1hr off my brew time.

Hey gav,

HOoooGannnn............ that is a very nice looking rig mate. The timber slats look awesome, but tell me, is it run by the laptop? or is that for brewing and posting?

cheers

Browndog

Sorry for the delayed response Browndog but did not see your post.

I use the laptop to run two temp monitors for the MLT and the HLT. Very accurate and I can also log and plot the temp changes. I can also use it for posting and searching during the brew process.

Cheers, Hoges.

I use the laptop to run two temp monitors for the MLT and the HLT. Very accurate and I can also log and plot the temp changes. I can also use it for posting and searching during the brew process.
Cheers, Hoges.

what hardware are you using for this? Do those temp monitors and adjust your HLT/MLT? or is it just for logging?

STALAG BREWERY.

Cheers, Hoges.

View attachment 37572

Love it Mick she come out a treat.

Watch this space there's another Franko rig design coming shortly

Franko

Hello Hoges,
Nice set up. What sort of brass disconnects did you use? Are they the garden variety that you get from hardware stores? Have you found that they work ok?
Cheers
billygoat

I'm currently setting up a 3V system and was planning on getting a 40lt urn as my HLT - what are you finding annoying about it?

I've got a couple of stainless 50l kegs ready for welding to make a HLT and MashTun (already have 70L SS kettle)

i've cut holes in the tops and have got 7 x 1/2" threaded sockets available, just about to try and find a local welder (eastern suburbs, sydney- anyone fancy it?)

Any tips on where/how many sockets to add? I was just going to keep it simple with two in the HLT - one for Ball Valve, one for Thermometer/Sight Gauge and three on the MashTun (one or Ball Valve, one for Thermometer and one right up top for some kind of sparge manifold to go later.)

Am I missing anything there?

I'm just a basic AG Batch sparger for now. HLT is heated by immersion heater, mash tun will have false bottom and kettle is nice big SS pot (sat on gas burner)

No plans to recirculate or anything in the near future but I just want to try and "future proof" any welded fittings.. Any pointers welcomed... :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back