Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get great pours with my plastic picnic taps and curly hose from craftbrewer.

Maybe organise a keg bulk buy (last time, kegs were $40 a pop) with craftbrewer.

If you could convince the "boss" of how good this is then you are more than welcome to it LOL she would not be impressed :p

If you could convince the "boss" of how good this is then you are more than welcome to it LOL she would not be impressed :p

Start leaving your empty bottles everywhere, then when she complains, suggest kegging as a way to solve the problem.

Just leave them in the laundry sink so she has to wash them before she can do the washing. Then on bottling day ask her to help you. Explain how it is more than twice as quick if you have one filling and one capping and shaking, labbelling.

Do double batches so she is squatting on the floor for an hour at a time. B)

Mine was that I had boxes and boxes of bottles stored inside in the winter for carbing when a weak bottle exploded. She said to me that there must be a better way and I suggested that I could go down the kegging road if she didn't want me to run that risk. All of a sudden I am a good guy for suggesting something that is less risky (not sure on how the other was particularly risky anyway).

Win win for me

Mine was that I had boxes and boxes of bottles stored inside in the winter for carbing when a weak bottle exploded. She said to me that there must be a better way and I suggested that I could go down the kegging road if she didn't want me to run that risk. All of a sudden I am a good guy for suggesting something that is less risky (not sure on how the other was particularly risky anyway).

Win win for me

I might sabotage a couple of bottles :lol:

Start leaving your empty bottles everywhere, then when she complains, suggest kegging as a way to solve the problem.

It only took 2 months of having some rinsed bottles in the kitchen to upset the Mrs and for her to ask me to keg...

LOL I know, old school as anything!! Anyone dabbled in making their own?

My partner got one made up for me as well as some glasses etched for a tribute our soccer team were having (Winning a few seasons in a row). I think it was fairly expensive but wasn't of good quality. I put it in the washing machine once with the rest of my mats and it didn't survive the journey. The glasses are still pretty good tho.

I just bought the bits and pieces I needed then accepted the crap I had to put up with shortime from SWMBO. A day or so in the dog house is well worth it imo.

It is easier to be forgiven than to seek permission!!

I just bought the bits and pieces I needed then accepted the crap I had to put up with shortime from SWMBO. A day or so in the dog house is well worth it imo.

It is easier to be forgiven than to seek permission!!

Due to troubling times we have had recently (loss of a child) I am taking it easy with what I'm spending money on but I would usually do the same!

The theory, its easier to heal a bite from a dog then to wait around for it NOT to bite.

Due to troubling times we have had recently (loss of a child) I am taking it easy with what I'm spending money on but I would usually do the same!

The theory, its easier to heal a bite from a dog then to wait around for it NOT to bite.

Geez mate Im really really sorry to hear that and offer my most heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Back