Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
So who's lucky enough to have a fully decked out shed converted into a brew cave?
Or who has a section of the garage or laundry they've managed to clear of the wife and kids crap to enable them to brew?

It doesn't matter if your brew cave is either, as long as you have somewhere to brew, so share your photos of your brew cave here and how you have it setup. It might help some noobs like me to setup our brew caves better.

I kind of have several "brewing areas".

Used to brew with gas out in the shed, the kegerator is out there (it's fucken huge, won't fit inside, looks almost empty with only 6 kegs in it), but now i'm using electricity more, i tend to use my single vessel electric rig which i've recently knocked up, in the laundry.

Fermenting fridge is in the shed near the keezer, the rest of my brewing shit fills a smallish garden shed in the backyard.

Got no photos though...

will post mine soon. Its not the neatest or the best but it works and I can brew, ferment and drink beer out of it so its functional

Entrance to brew cave (voided room under house, the old man knocked the wall in when I was 7, knowing one day this would be a brewery and thus beer in return)

1.jpg

Stairway to heaven
2.jpg

Note* These milk crates were borrowed. I will give them back... one day.
3.jpg

Hot side - small bathroom attached to the bedroom (the main bathroom is the girl-bathroom so no brewing there).
10minIPA19.jpg

Cold Side - spare room, grain, bottle and beer-stuff storage as well as the fermenting fridge and accessories.
grain_storage.jpg

wow I bought a 10lt pot of extract in the house once and almost got divorced :p If I bought a fermenter in I think I would be single again. But in saying that she seems to ignore whats in the shed and whats been spent in the shed so thats a good thing. I do it very sly though sometimes but 99% the time she never sees what I buy so thats all good ;)

plenty of room for a nice rig :)
just got to build it...

Untitled.jpg

nice I got a massive shed but inherited a pool table that never gets used so that restricts things a little. plus the house is so small we have no storage and there is just crap everywhere. I try to keep it clean but seems hard sometimes. Will post pics :p

Sorry, i only have old photos..

This is during the build. the shed is 5. something by 4 point something

distillery1front1.jpg

After the doors and one of the windows went in. There is now a wooden deck in the front there under the verandha

distillery1front3.jpg

Thought i'd put a crane in as i went. Thje gantry has come in handy for lifting in drums of mollasses ect.

distillery1gantry1.jpg

The wash bay has a 50mm drain and a few different hoses for wash down. Also has a double filter setup.

distillery1washtrough1.jpg

This large cabinent now has double steel welded mesh doors and holds all my valuable drinks. The two door fridge is what i was using for ferment control with a fridgemate.

distilery2cabinet2.jpg

I built a workbench with some of the timber i used for the deck.

distillery2workbench1.jpg

You guys have some awesome brew caves....

@Punkin...mate what are you brewing in there that you need such a heavy duty door and lock???.. :D

I have power tools in there....

If you had these lovely wine barrels you'd want to protect them too B)

barrels2.jpg

I actually found that door complete (cept for locks) at the tip. Just welded up a frame for it and painted it. The larger door is a tilt-a-door that i have hinged on the side to swing open. You can drive a car into the shed if you were so inclined, then pull the motor out with the gantry.

There is another bench on the inside below the big caravan window and a square table in the center that has my grain mill mounted in it and holds my mash esky off the floor.
The big fridge has now gone and there is welded shelves in it's place holding fermenters.

cool topic, i'm in the middle of sorting mine out, up until a few months ago the garage looked alot like midnight brews, my old man was a horder as well.

I have power tools in there....

If you had these lovely wine barrels you'd want to protect them too B)

View attachment 53873

I actually found that door complete (cept for locks) at the tip. Just welded up a frame for it and painted it. The larger door is a tilt-a-door that i have hinged on the side to swing open. You can drive a car into the shed if you were so inclined, then pull the motor out with the gantry.

There is another bench on the inside below the big caravan window and a square table in the center that has my grain mill mounted in it and holds my mash esky off the floor.
The big fridge has now gone and there is welded shelves in it's place holding fermenters.

Well its freakin awesome, Im jealous... :D

Well its freakin awesome, Im jealous... :D

All i had to do to get permission to build it was to fill the laundry up with fermenters and kegs and shit. Once she has to turn sideways to get in there and then opens the linen cupboard to find an 80l fermenter full of mollassses wash you get a free reign to construct. ;)

She even moved the construction to the top of the list :lol: :lol:

All i had to do to get permission to build it was to fill the laundry up with fermenters and kegs and shit. Once she has to turn sideways to get in there and then opens the linen cupboard to find an 80l fermenter full of mollassses wash you get a free reign to construct. ;)

She even moved the construction to the top of the list :lol: :lol:

Sqyre used the same tactic to win permission for his "brew shed".

My brewery is divided between the kitchen, the laundry, the bathroom, the office, and the guest room. There's shit scattered everywhere. Sometimes I sample beer in the shower and I research on the toilet, so I guess they also help make up the brewery.

I brew outside under the carport. The rig, ingredients and ferment fridge spend their time in the shed with everything else jammed in there. It's not pretty and normally involves moving quite a few things around to get the rig in and out. For the serving side I have a dedicated room with a bar.
ac4881c0.jpg

At the other end of the room has a 51" plasma on the wall and a 4-player mame cabinet.

The brew-shed:

Brewshed.jpeg

Inside the brew-shed:

Brewshed1.jpeg

View from the brew-shed:

Brewshed2.jpeg

Love it!

Remi

Back