Show Us Your Beer Engines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is looking for a beer engine - I am getting rid of mine. Works a treat but hardly ever gets used (never in the last few years).
Make me an offer I can't refuse - pickup Brisbane by preferred. Pictures in post 14 on page 1 of this thread. No associated keg parts come with it, there is no tray either.

dreamboat

If anyone is looking for a beer engine - I am getting rid of mine. Works a treat but hardly ever gets used (never in the last few years).
Make me an offer I can't refuse - pickup Brisbane by preferred. Pictures in post 14 on page 1 of this thread. No associated keg parts come with it, there is no tray either.

dreamboat

I am interested let me no how much bro .

Looks to be gone already Sav - I will let you know if anything changes.

dreamboat

OK these arrived today, as yet I have not even cleaned them up, far too excited !

beer_engine_003.jpg

I have hooked them up to a bucket of water and both work great, one has that sparkler thing other does not. I also have the brackets that hold a drip tray I suppose.
I would like to see a few pics if anyone else has a 'Hi-Gene' complete with the tray, and perhaps pick your brain a little regards set up.

Bragging over

Batz

OK spent a few hours today and did a recond on one of these, this is the one that had the badge on it.
I'm waiting for a reply from NNL for drip trays, check values etc, that'll finish it of nicely. I'll do the other one up when I get another spare day. :blink:

beer_engine_2_002.jpg

It'll be a goer at the swap !

Batz

Batz

Awesome Batz, now you just need a beer to pull through it..... I'm bringing an ESB in a keg most likely, but not sure how it will go being carbonated and all, but willing to offer mine up......

Cheers

Your ESB could be the go B)

Was waiting for another bite, but sadly no ;) (plus all my cock jokes ran out)

I'll pop over a little early on the day then, and we'll work out wether it'll work or not! Not sure if we'll need to de-gas or something (not in a TidalPete way though :icon_vomit: )

Was waiting for another bite, but sadly no ;) (plus all my cock jokes ran out)

I'll pop over a little early on the day then, and we'll work out wether it'll work or not! Not sure if we'll need to de-gas or something (not in a TidalPete way though :icon_vomit: )

It was getting a bit 'Brewerhood Queensland' perhaps a bit :icon_offtopic: for the southerners.

Batz

Yep, sorry guys :)

Anyway, here's my Beer Engine ;)

along2.jpg

Looks to be gone already Sav - I will let you know if anything changes.

dreamboat

Bad luck Sav, just keep alert mate one will come up.
I must say I'm really impressed by the quality of these things, their extremely well made.

Batz

Awesome Batz, now you just need a beer to pull through it..... I'm bringing an ESB in a keg most likely, but not sure how it will go being carbonated and all, but willing to offer mine up......

Cheers

To save you the trouble, that will be a disaster if it is carbed, pint glasses of froth. I know some people like to low prime/carb beer for an engine, but I find the best results in terms of taste and texture are to simply take the beer from the fermenter with the CO2 it has in it from fermentation, chill it, run it through the engine.

To save you the trouble, that will be a disaster if it is carbed, pint glasses of froth. I know some people like to low prime/carb beer for an engine, but I find the best results in terms of taste and texture are to simply take the beer from the fermenter with the CO2 it has in it from fermentation, chill it, run it through the engine.

I agree with GL, a properly conditioned cask ale has 1 volume of Co2. Much better off with an uncarbed beer that is holding the Co2 under atmospheric pressure, with a sparkler you will pour a fine pint.

Andrew

I wouldn't be using a sparkler for an ESB, though. Not to style :rolleyes: [insert wagging finger smiley]

Depends if your from the North or South

Depends if your from the North or South

True, that was tongue in cheek, but I always consider ESB a southern beer style... I'm the sort of idiot who asks barstewards to remove sparklers in London pubs. (Most of them don't even realise they're using them in the first place).

I agree with GL, a properly conditioned cask ale has 1 volume of Co2. Much better off with an uncarbed beer that is holding the Co2 under atmospheric pressure, with a sparkler you will pour a fine pint.

Andrew

Oh well perhaps we won't have the beer engine set up for the swap

Back