Show me your Mini Mill setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Rather than clutter the bulk buy thread, I'd love to see members' solutions to mounting their Mill Master mini mill - bench, cabinet, disguised as a 1950s Jukebox whatever. Keen to get some ideas about dimensions, materials and tools.

WEAL was extremely kind to donate a used mill to me recently.

My slightly Ghetto (okay very ghetto) solution .. is to mount it on a plastic chopping board from Kmart ($5) - with a suitably sized rectangular hole cut into the middle of it.

wp_ss_20170924_0002.jpg

Last edited:
I think Tidal Pete has a few pics of mine, feel free Pete!

I like the chopping board ideas. I'll go with bamboo on that, and make it to sit on a round plastic bucket, as is my preferred catchment method.
A fixed motor would nice but I still can't separate myself from a crank handle for the "feel" of the crush. Got the cordless drill onto the old mill this week, and that has a bit of responsive give when I'm holding it. Even if I held onto a fixed motor, it wouldn't have the same "vibe". It's all about the "vibe".

Ah Ye Olde double entendre! Sadly no mischief on the verandah and all perfectly legit, my neighbour left slightly cross-eyed though and the dusty sensation the next morning was quite something to behold.

I've stayed at BribieG's and he's stayed at my place.
I can assure you there was absolutely no ploughing going on.
We might have got a little hammered on some beers and a nice Coonawarra red, but that's all history now.

And the only mill I saw at BribieG's was his marga pasta mill, so it's clearly time he got a decent bit of kit.

No need for apologies, I just found it amusing

Anyway, back to the mills - mine is still in a box so can't help with pictures of a set up, though I am planning on fixing it to an old office desk drawer on wheels with a motor once I get it. Cut the bottom out of the top draw and screw both draws together (if that makes sense?)

Edit: very similar to the above

Pretty low tech, but works for me.

22254742_1549783511746410_9194726923643534517_o.jpg

The rounded ends make it more aerodynamic.
That's the sort of thing I'm looking at, with my Ozito variable speed corded drill permanently attached - I'd use that arrangement as a top panel on a bedside cabinet like RdeVjun's - will trawl the op shops.

Now, how long does it take to mill say 5 kg in minutes?

That's the sort of thing I'm looking at, with my Ozito variable speed corded drill permanently attached - I'd use that arrangement as a top panel on a bedside cabinet like RdeVjun's - will trawl the op shops.

From the original thread when these fluted mills were first released, not much more than 2 mins, a lot quicker than the previous knurled versions.

Never really timed it, but 5kg would take no more than a few of minutes.
Velcro band around the trigger makes it hands free.
Freeing you up to do other things.............. like leaning up against a post waiting.

Just a couple of minutes with the old Cranker Bribie.
You can mill without a table if you use both hands to hold the drill.
Pretty small pic but I think you'll get my drift.

Mill in Action.jpg

Back