Show me your mashmaster mill and motion dynamics motor setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingy

Reaction score
Maryland, Newcastle,New South Wales, Australia, Ea
I'm after some pics of your setup of your mashmaster mini mill and MD Motor setup or a link to any build threads.
I have most of the gear here now and ready to build.
There is a few pics on the MD motor thread but it would take me years to get through that thread.
I've found a few good setups but there must be more out there.

Adding on behalf of RdeVjun.

001.JPG

002.JPG

Wiring.JPG

Kingy,
reading the original MD thread is still a good idea. I picked up some pointers there when I was building mine.

Finished mine last year after a long wait for the power supply. I used 25mm steel box welded together and 5mm alloy plate top (pop riveted) to go with the mill. Hardest part is lining up the shafts, however the spider coupler allows some offset.

Grain Mill front view.jpg

Grain Mill MD mounted.jpg

MD Controls.jpg

Yea I've read a fair chunk of that over the last 12 months it would be good to have a few pics close together tho. That thread is a monster.
Do you guys still use the shear pin on the mill shaft as well as the split pit on the motor?

Kingy, sorry mate, I don't know what coupler you have. I have the cheap china one from fleabay. 1/2 inch to 12mm. - Mashmaster minimill shaft= 1/2 inch. MD shaft = 12mm.

Thanks TidalPete for posting those pics of our build, its fairly self explanatory from them.
If there's one thing I would change its the drawer rails, they don't take kindly to grain dust and are pretty worthless now, in fact I've removed the drawer altogether and just rest the stockpot handle on the lip or drop into a bucket on the floor.
The MM fluted roller is a cracker and terrific support from the vendor to replace the knurled one which was wearing and not feeding that well. Problem solved, pretty chuffed with the results all round.
HTH!

fishingbrad said:
Kingy, sorry mate, I don't know what coupler you have. I have the cheap china one from fleabay. 1/2 inch to 12mm. - Mashmaster minimill shaft= 1/2 inch. MD shaft = 12mm.
Yea that's what I have, It looks exactly the same. I managed to get it on it was a really tight fit.
The hardest thing to decide on is weather to build a purpose built mill and enclosure like above pics or build another work bench and mount it to that. Also how to mount the motor. Be good if it was made to suit the height of the mini mill. Anyways a project is always good for the brain except when it's hard to sleep from overthinking it [emoji23]
Thanks for your help

I'm away from home so cant post pics, but I just used a piece of thick jarrah hardwood, drilled and bolted with shims for alignment. Hopper made of acrylic sheet from recycler bonded with silicone. Mashmaster mill.

I've mounted the power supply separately and plug it in when required. I didn't use the voltage / speed control. For me, I don't think it's required so not worth the trouble or extra space in the plastic enclosure.

I like that this setup doesn't take up much space, power supply fits in hopper when not in use and easily stored .
Sit it on a sturdy bucket plug in and crush, bang on bucket when complete to get flour out and done.

I also used the cheap ali coupling, from memory I think it required drilling out to suit one of the shaft sizes?

Power supply from here, no problem with this seller:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AC-110-220V-TO-DC-12V-24V-Regulated-Transformer-Power-Supply-For-LED-Strip-Light-/400469998223?var=&hash=item0

Coupling like this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12mm-x-12mm-CNC-Flexible-Jaw-Spider-Plum-Coupling-Shaft-Coupler-D-30mm-L-35mm-/301773776472?hash=item46431e6658

Sorry I know you wanted pics, but hope the info is of use.

I think it's 1/4".
Ivan double check when I get home (I bought a pack of bolts for it a couple of weeks back.)

n87 said:
I think it's 1/4".
Ivan double check when I get home (I bought a pack of bolts for it a couple of weeks back.)
Does Ivan mill your grain too?

Man I need to get me a servant

*waiting patiently for Ivan's reply.
I've emailed frank to but over the years I've noticed it's usually along time between replies. It's ok tho as good things come to those who wait. Patience is the key to life . [emoji120]

Here is mine, there are a few things that I meant to do to fix it up:

Square off the top of the hopper, paint it all black, seal the inside of the hopper with epoxy resin..

But that was about four years ago now :lol:

These are old pics when it was first built, there's now a cover over the control board, and a grain chute ( plastic bag) that secures to the base of the rollers and falls into the collection tub. With the perspex "door" in place there's next to no grain dust that escapes.

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

n87 said:
I think it's 1/4".
Agree. A couple of holes in mine weren't tapped when I received it so had to run a 1/4" tap through them.

Was gonna post some pics of my setup but Kingy already has!

Latest posts

Back