Shout! International Beverage Exhibition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shout05

Reaction score
Hi guys......I am staging a mult-beverage event in Queensland...at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre on July 23 and 24 of this year. Shout! is a tasting event which means a single entry fee allows you to sample as much as you can....We already have a big range of exhibitors from beer to wine spirits, liqueurs, coffee, tea etc etc.

I have organised the National Festival of Beers in Brisbane for the last ten years or so and we have managed to get a good variety of Aussie brews there (190 last year)....with this event we are going international as well....so, we expect a pretty good range for the visitor.

A long story short here we are having all sorts of talks, sessions etc. on all sorts of beverages and on all aspects of them...we have Tequila sessions, Vodka University, Whisky appreciation, wine and food matching and beer and food etc....and I would really like to develop some homebrew clinics.

We will have Chuck Hahn, Brad Rogers from Matilda Bay, Eric Walters from Grand Ridge plus brewers from Monteith's, Trumer, Boag's, Coopers and a heap more!

I would like anyone from Homebrew associations, businesses etc. who may be interested to contact me regarding putting on these clinics...and if we can organise any associations to get on board then I will do a substantial discount for members......anyone interested or who has info or contacts please give me an email....Cheers :beer: .

sounds very interesting especially for the qld crew.
exactly how much is the single entry fee shout 05?

cheers
big d

Big D

Thanks for the post....entry will be $25.00 and good value at that.......we should have about 150+ beers, 200 + wines and more than a 100 spirits and liqueurs etc....and the good thing is noone is doing mainstream beers and products....so the show is all craft, premium and imported.

and after the tasting is done we have the "World Bar" next door where most of the beverages on display will be for sale for "real" drinks.

Don't suppose you have any homebrew contacts down this way who can help me out?

sounds excellant shout05.
im sure in due time the qld brewers of this forum will add there worth that can help out.

cheers
big d

Shout

I think there are a couple of strong HB clubs in the brissy area. I'd give them a call.

Try this link and look at teh clubs section.

http://www.craftbrewer.org/

Also check the radio show section. A couple of guys do, (or used to do) a HB radio show from Townsville. Very keen craft brewers. Maybe worth a call.

hope this helps.

Shout05,

I suggest you call David Kitchen, of Brewers Choice (07 32768500). He would probably be interested in setting up a stall and doing a clinic. Although you probably already know him, as he set up a stall at last years NFOB.

Cheers - Snow.

Thanks Snow....have been in contact with David..he might be able to help but is mainly Brisbane based...Guess looking more for associations or groups on the Gold Coast that might be interested in taking part.

thanks again

No worries.

As a matter of interest, are you getting in any hard to get American craftbrews for tasting? Such as Stone Brewing, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, etc?

- Snow

Snow said:
No worries.

As a matter of interest, are you getting in any hard to get American craftbrews for tasting? Such as Stone Brewing, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, etc?

- Snow
[post="61016"][/post]​

Snow.....mate I wish!!....do what we can with a pretty good range...actually excellent range by most standards of bev. shows in Australia...but this is our first year around.......our aim is to be the showcase of all the world's great product within a few years...not just the big company beers but to have an event that brings in the whole spectrum.....and man!! the States and Canada alone would be a huge exhibition......We are such a big beer drinking nation, my belief is that sooner or later we will all want and appreciate good beers......even demand them!!......got to have a vision in life!

Shout05 said:
Snow said:
No worries.

- Snow
[post="61016"][/post]​

Snow.....mate I wish!!....do what we can with a pretty good range...actually excellent range by most standards of bev. shows in Australia...but this is our first year around.......our aim is to be the showcase of all the world's great product within a few years...not just the big company beers but to have an event that brings in the whole spectrum.....and man!! the States and Canada alone would be a huge exhibition......We are such a big beer drinking nation, my belief is that sooner or later we will all want and appreciate good beers......even demand them!!......got to have a vision in life!
[post="61100"][/post]​
Testify, brother!
Go hard...
Seth

deadly said:
Yeah wot about this side of the country
[post="61125"][/post]​
well...U could start ur own, or travel to the Gold Coast instead of Bali, this year.
Apart from that, I'm certain that U could be a guest speaker/ demo dude when they inevitably get to you on the national tour.

Wouldn't it be great if it toured in perpetuity?

Seth

deadly said:
road trip..road trip...
[post="61131"][/post]​

thanks for the interest....good to see the concept might catch on....the plan is to have the event in Gold Coast , Sydney and Melbourne by next year.....and if we can get it together Perth as well.

So did anyone go to this? Care to give a report?

- Snow

Snow said:
So did anyone go to this? Care to give a report?

- Snow
[post="69440"][/post]​

I went, was too pissed to remember most of it...

I do remember however I was expecting a bigger range and all but 2 or 3 stands couldn't tell me what was in the beers. (mostly sales people)

Saying this I still had a good time.

Hey Shout05 (or anyone else who knows), is the NFOB on this year or did Shout replace it?

Latest posts

Back