Should we really trust Google Translate?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobW

The Little Abbotsford Craftbrewery
Reaction score
Maybe not. This from a Swedish brewers blog.
I was particularly intrigued by the underlined sections:

Exhaustion and page batch
At 9 o'clock, the hot mash was already ready and ready and ready for the malt to be transferred to another saucepan. I got 16 liters on the entire SG 1,036 which shows that there was a lot of sugar left in the malt after the mash. I was cooking this side door with a round of high-heeled ones; Herkules and Hallertauer but in such a short time that IBUn would not shine all the way around the world. The idea of this wreck was, as the last time, to bring together the silk last wagon from Braumeistern and then end up on a plastic bucket with a leash. This time I got together so much "leftover" worn that it reached both 22 liters in bucket number. 1 with a new yeast (I'll be back soon) and 10 liters in another bucket that got a small portion of a slurry BRY97 I had in the fridge. In total, I got 72 liters of beer this brew, which I need to get in touch with the store before spring / summer. Is there any diagnosis or phobia against seeing too many empty Corneliusfat? Tomkeggofobi?

The cooling and a carpet of hops
Because I had quite a bit of hops in the cook, I did notice more times before. The bum is laying as an insulation at the bottom of the pier during the cooling, despite the fact that both pumps move around the wrist. I notice it most clearly because it can be very hot on the bottom of the bridge while it is only 5 cm up around 20-30 ° C. The only way to deal with the problem with large amounts of hops is to boil the hop in some kind of container / bag that I'm not so fond of, or try to move around with some tools or whirlpool at the time of cooling. That it's uneven temperature will be a problem to cool just for a long time. When the temperature sensor is buried in hops and shows the wrong temperature, I have to rely on an external thermometer. But what will the combined temperature in the jäshink become when hot and cold mixed? Impossible to say in advance. Just this brewing I walked a dog walk during the cooling so the wrap down the bucket was closing 6.8 ° C which was significantly lower than the 9-10 ° C I planned for. I flew blind and could not control when one of my cheap junk K-donors to the cruel Gresinger thermometer gave up during the brewing of the side batch and I did not arrange him with a new sensor right now and then. Cooling any degree under the desired start of the fermentation process is the classic German way to do, but I prefer that the temperature of the yeast and yeast should not be more than a degree so as not to surprise the yeast unnecessarily. The fermentation started well anyway, so it did nothing but an observation worth mentioning. Just this brewing I walked a dog walk during the cooling so the wrap down the bucket was closing 6.8 ° C which was significantly lower than the 9-10 ° C I planned for.

Here's some more:

Do I want to crumble in Corneliusfat, and sometimes I do, then I put the bum in a sock I sewn of a fabric that IKEA had previously called Sarita. If you want to have similar fabric to sock or BIAB bag, there is a fabric called Theresia that should be as good. I cook this for a few minutes, have in the bum and some stainless steaks like weights and tie a knot together with taste-free floss. Then the bag hangs and dangles in the middle of the barrel and can easily be lifted if desired. Cost any tia.

The website is pretty good - he has a great setup and there are lots of pix of stuff you want.

It reminds me of a German guy I once worked with, Heinz, he had an Alsatian that he had to get rid of because his wife didn't like it. He gave it to a guy from Aberdeen, Heinz went away for a week and when he came back he went to the Aberdeen guy and asked, 'How vas mine dog' the Scot said I alright has settled in nicely. When he got out of earshot Heinz asked me to translate what he had said. I told him that Jock said it was bloody lovely his missus casseroled it.

My wife is regularly in contact with a woman in Finland who cannot speak English, some of the replies are hilarious.

I was teaching a Chinese friend how to brew on the weekend and thought to try translating 'sparge'. The end result was apparently the sort of thing you'd do with a Gerni or Karcher.

Back