Shirron Vs Ventmatic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderlips

Reaction score
I receieved two Shirron taps on Monday from Northern Brewer, ordered last Tuesday. Comparing them to my Ventmatics there are some differences, even though they are apparently made by the exact same machinery as used for the Ventmatics.
Both have two copyright numbers under the tap. The first number is the same on both taps, the second is different.
When twisting the little black tap handle onto the Ventmatic it will eventually tighten and come to a stop. The way the Shirron is made the handle will keep twisting, due to the way the connections between the handle and tap work. They look exactlly the same though. I can't figure out why that happens with the handle. Some may prefer this, or not.
Next, the Shirron tap handle has more throw.
It's like comparing a Ventmatic to a Grundy. Those who have both of these taps will know what I mean.
As for the pour, they both seem pretty much the same except the Shirron seems to be able to froth the beer up more if you pull the handle just a little bit, forcing the beer out faster, for those that like to do that.
Anyone else got some Shirrons yet?
I'd be curious to know what you think.

When twisting the little black tap handle onto the Ventmatic it will eventually tighten and come to a stop. The way the Shirron is made the handle will keep twisting, due to the way the connections between the handle and tap work. They look exactlly the same though. I can't figure out why that happens with the handle.

Thunderlips, The Ventmatics from the USA have exactly the same handle feature - This is because American beers generally have the advertising displayed on the handles & allows correct orientation. The ones sold through the Aus distributor were made without this feature.

cheers Ross

Thunderlips, The Ventmatics from the USA have exactly the same handle feature - This is because American beers generally have the advertising displayed on the handles & allows correct orientation.
cheers Ross
Ah, that makes sense.
Works well with the Micromatic "Branding On Demand" tap handles.

Latest posts

Back