Shiny New Boiler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berto

Reaction score
Hi all,
Yesterday i went to buy some holesaws to blast some holes through an old keg ive got lying around here. Worked out at about $80, then today i found this little beauty. Does anyone know of any problems in using an urn as a boiler? Got ~20L of water to the boil in under 30 minutes today, but holds a hell of a lot more than that, my guess would be about 80L. Its on wheels, and all so i can push it round to where i want. Already has a tap coming out, just need some line to connect to it and its ready to go into service. Might do that tomorrow as well as chasing up a new sparging esky and some form of filter for that. So hopefully as of tomorrow il be all set to do my partial mashes. Then all i need is a chiller and all parts will be mine.

boilers.JPG

Nope it will be absolutely useless as a boiler. Don't even bother.
However rather than troubling you with disposing of it, i'll take it off your hands for free. :)

Should be great actually, but i'm guessing that's a 2400watt element, so you may struggle to do more than 30L.

And now you will be able to stop drinking those VB's I see in the background :blink:

Batz

Sure is. Everyone here knocks VB, but i still love the stuff. And yeah its Squire pilsner. Hated the first half case, was way too hoppy for me. But it was as though i hit the second half of the case, it was a different beer. The hops were far more mellow and i could taste the different malts in it. And this was spread over a week or 2 so it wasnt just a loss of senses.

Go the leccy boiler, only problem is you have to run them flat out, will give you a great boil and a lot of reduction.

Back