Shelving

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo1234

Reaction score
I am looking to buy some shelving for the garage to organise the brew equipment and tidy things up a bit.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere that you can source cheap second hand shelving (still decent condition)... Would love the adjustable crome shelving or something similar.

Its amazing that you turn your back for a second and your brew equipment has slept around and multiplied!

Cameron

I am looking to buy some shelving for the garage to organise the brew equipment and tidy things up a bit.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere that you can source cheap second hand shelving (still decent condition)... Would love the adjustable crome shelving or something similar.

Its amazing that you turn your back for a second and your brew equipment has slept around and multiplied!

Cameron

hate to say it but evil bay is probably a good option, try after chrissie when people are getting rid of there old stuff or there new stuff they get for xmas but dont want/need.

Strangely enough this is not what i thought this thread was going to be about!

A good place to get shelves is from garage sales. Old blokes moving into retirement homes usually have good quality metal shelves in their sheds that they have to get rid of for cheap.

A good place to get shelves is from garage sales. Old blokes moving into retirement homes usually have good quality metal shelves in their sheds that they have to get rid of for cheap.

Cheers... Seems so obvious now! I have been looking on eBay but just hadn't thought of the good old fashioned Garage Sale! Will need to get around to a few in the new year!

This was an issue that I explored extensively. I looked at 2nd hand racking, Cheap racking and shelving etc.

Ultimately the best size and value for money was at Bunnings. My shelving is 4.0m long by 1.8M high and have three tiers. Fits perfectly along the wall of my garage and i just bought some chipboard that fits perfectly for shelving.

Check it out here
http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_produc...-beam_3065.aspx

All up it cost no more than $300

That stuff at bunnings is relativley new, looks pretty good for the price when I was looking at it in store. probably no good in an industrial environment but home garage etc would be perfect i reckon. Easily modified to your needs aswell

:lol:
My thoughts also. Can't believe I clicked through to read the thread with that in mind :huh:

Yep, bunnings is probably the go for shelving. But I'm sure you could get a bargain if you went hunting the garage sales or trading post for any particular shelving that takes your fancy....

And you still clicked on the link!

Just kiddin.

And I am guessing the guys that had different ideas about the thread name are relatively young

Back