She Makes Beer While He Looks After Kid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogaone

Reaction score
Seriously though, I have never done a grain extract (I think that's what this is - correct me if I'm wrong). Whats everyone's thoughts on this??

P.S. the last 20 seconds are the best lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I do the brewing in this household...kids don't need so much looking after as they are a little older.

Traditionally though, it was the domain of women, just like cooking.

I detest the term Stay At Home Mum, but I guess I kinda am....don't have a paid job, so do the household stuff, but also run the farm, lol!

My Gran used to do all the brewing for my Pop and his brothers, aparently she used to ferment in massive hogs head barrels :beerbang:

Go nan :lol:

lol, good on her! I really enjoy brewing and yes, a lot of the beer will be for hubby and his mates! :D

Seriously though, I have never done a grain extract (I think that's what this is - correct me if I'm wrong). Whats everyone's thoughts on this??

P.S. the last 20 seconds are the best lol

LOL, I think i'm in love, a fellow extract/spec grain brewer of the opposite sex!

Boogs, are you asking what an "extract with specialty grain" brew is? If so, check this out. Basically you steep grain that doesn't need mashing (such as Crystal) in ~70 degree celcius water in your pot for around 30 mins. Then remove it and start your boil. When boiling, remove from heat and add enough malt extract to get your gravity to 1040, return to the boil and start hop additions.

All my extract recipes in the db on this forum are full extract/spec grain recipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boogs, are you asking what an "extract with specialty grain" brew is? If so, check this out. Basically you steep grain that doesn't need mashing (such as Crystal) in ~70 degree celcius water in your pot for around 30 mins. Then remove it and start your boil. When boiling, remove from heat and add enough malt extract to get your gravity to 1040, return to the boil and start hop additions.

All my extract recipes in the db on this forum are full extract/spec grain recipes.

Thanks mate!!

Latest posts

Back