Shaver Shop Shares Plummet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
CEO of Shaver Shop.

Now what's wrong with this picture.....

Shaver shop CEO.jpg

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I blame all the bearded hipsters myself

I asked them about a million times if they'd get in double edged blades that weren't wilkinson sword or gilette 7 o'clock blades
Didn't even know what I was on about half the time
So much for being a shaving specialty shop

sp0rk said:
I asked them about a million times if they'd get in double edged blades that weren't wilkinson sword or gilette 7 o'clock blades
I've told you two million times to stop exaggerating.

Bribie G said:
Bribie G, on 23 Dec 2016 - 9:40 PM, said:

I've told you two million times to stop exaggerating.
I'll see your two million & up you five Belgian Pales Bribie. :p

Back on topic --- I'm very happy with my Philishave electric shaver purchased from these people well over a year ago & which you have seen in action numerous times Bribie.
Saved a bundle by getting it when it was on 'Special' & the advice from the salesman was top notch. :super:
Would purchase gear from them again no worries at all.

If you get on to their website you'll find they sell a lot more than just shaving gear.
May they long continue to prosper.

Killer Brew said:
Killer Brew, on 23 Dec 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:Killer Brew, on 23 Dec 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

Love my Wahl clippers from these guys.
Bought my Wahl clippers long before Shaver Shop existed.
27 years of trimming my thinning locks every Saturday morning & still working like new. :super:
Quality beats cheapness every time!

Edit/PS -- Also supplied spare parts for my 2nd-hand Fleabay pressure cooker when I started yeast farming. Pressure cooker still going strong ten years later.
No affiliation yadda, yadda. Just a very happy customer.

sp0rk said:
Come on, there is shaving (as in efficiently removing hair from face) which they are quite good at. Then there is hipster shaving which is removing hair with the shaving equivalent of a manual typewriter. That they don't do. They also don't do beard oil or moustache wax. If you want those things you need to go to a shop run by this guy -
images.jpg

I almost shelled out the cash for one of their crew cutters, figuring it might save me a few bux and a trip to the barbers every month until I saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2qBUvDAUWw

Airgead said:
Come on, there is shaving (as in efficiently removing hair from face) which they are quite good at. Then there is hipster shaving which is removing hair with the shaving equivalent of a manual typewriter. That they don't do. They also don't do beard oil or moustache wax. If you want those things you need to go to a shop run by this guy -
attachicon.gif
images.jpg
Multi blade razors **** up my skin and leave me with hectic rashes
double edge safety razors don't
And they're WAY cheaper in the long run
Also, they do have beard oil and moustache wax...
http://www.shavershop.com.au/online-store/beard-trimmers/beard-care/milkman/milkman-advanced-beard-care-gift-pack.html
http://www.shavershop.com.au/online-store/beard-trimmers/beard-care/bluebeards-classic-blend-moustache-wax.html

sp0rk said:
And they're WAY cheaper in the long run
Definitely way cheaper. I used to go through a Mach3 every month or maybe two, was cheaper just to rebuy the whole thing! That's 20 or more at best every two months.

Then I got a double edged starter pack from another retailer going on 4 years ago, got a killer deal. Came with all the essentials, and a whole heap of different blade packs to try so I could work out which ones I liked best. I am on the final pack now!

Edit - only problem is I had so many different packs over a 4 year period I will have to think back hard and decide which brand I liked best. Mostly because I'm an idiot and used all of one brand then moved on instead of going through them methodically repeatedly.

Latest posts

Back