Sharing A Coil Of Copper - Diy Heat Exchanger

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbie_d

Reaction score
Hi guys, my first post in this side of the forum. I'm about to start my first full size all grain brew, no muslin bags, just the grain, esky and the pot.
The last thing to construct is a heat exchanger coil to put in to my boiling pot.
I can get at bunnings, 18m of 1/2 copper pipe, pre coiled. This is way more than I thought would be reasonable to make into a coil (was looking at around 6m, so I wondered if two other people in Adelaide would like to partake on a share purchase of pipe. For your hard earned cash (my outlay initially) I would cut and de-burr and deliver within metro Adelaide.
Alternatively, does anyone know where I could get 6m of copper pipe at a reasonable price?

Cheers
Rob

Try air conditioning places, should be about 1/2 the price.

Also for an immersion chiller I would keep it at least 10m long.

Thanks guys,
being new to the full grain system, i'm open to all advice.
@Qldkev, 10m minimum, right i'll do that, I know the 3m lengths would be no where near long enough.

@Maheel, Bunnings want $119 I think it was (+ or - $10) for the 18m coil.

Cheers for your advice guys.

If you were in Melbourne, I have 1/2 a (18m) roll of copper pipe sitting here doing nothing.
Got it at an conditioning/refrigeration place for for about $80 ... I think.

If you were in Melbourne, I have 1/2 a (18m) roll of copper pipe sitting here doing nothing.
Got it at an conditioning/refrigeration place for for about $80 ... I think.

G'day Wolfy
I could use that 9 meters of copper if your looking at getting it off your hands. Let me know what you want for it.
Cheers
Luke

After ringing around the city of Adelaide, the best I have got is $96.83 GST included. This is for 18m of 1/2" copper pipe, .81 wall thickness soft drawn. The place is called The Service Guys

Called polyaire Virginia today, no copper coil in stock. Will order it in.

Anyone know of another good place in north Brisbane to get in at a reasonable price?

Called polyaire Virginia today, no copper coil in stock. Will order it in.

Anyone know of another good place in north Brisbane to get in at a reasonable price?

Yes, (but North of Brisbane) PM me!

Screwy

Back