Shaker Pints

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmastello

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could buy some reasonably priced American style "Shaker pint" glasses? I know they aren't the best for aroma, tasting etc, but I just like the look of them. I have a fair collection of fancy Belgian, German, Pilsner, pints, Brandy balloon etc beer glasses, but they are expensive and my mates tend to break them.
And I don't really like the Aussie Schooner, I want something that will set my beer apart. I like the traditional American pint glass for relaxing after work with a pint.

Anyone know where to get em? Google doesn't seem to give me much.

I have recently stumbled across a place called tasmanian hotel and catering supplies. I know this exact shop probably isn't going to be much help but maybe you can find a similar shop in your location.
I picked up a few nonic style pint glasses for $1.80 each, half pint dimple handles for about the same.
Im having a BBQ on the weekend and didn't want the boys to drink out of plastic cups so went out there and grabbed 12 schooner glasses for $15.
I think the packet of 50 plastic cups was about $5 or so anyways.

Hope this helps
Cheers Stu

I like those American ones you're talking about too. The glass seems thicker or something, and from memory they're slightly bigger than a schooner.

Beer just looks good in them.

I would be keep to buy some.

Try Maxwell and Williams.

http://www.maxwellandwilliams.com/mw/maxwe...f-6-mg03126.asp

I have some of these at home and they are a good - possibly a bit sturdier than your usual pub variety.

I think SWMBO got them from Myer.

mg03126.jpg

abc thanks, that's very close to an American pint.

winkle, that's more an imperial pint but still nice, thanks

The ones your after are Crown Empire tempered glasses. The very same glasses as used at Archive.

600x600-1_8100290.jpg

Hospitalitydepot.com.au

The ones your after are Crown Empire tempered glasses. The very same glasses as used at Archive.

600x600-1_8100290.jpg

Hospitalitydepot.com.au

And you can throw them at cement and they wont break. I can vouch for that....

Argon

That is a good price on those as well. Do you have to buy a min quantity?

There is (or was) one in the valley, minimum buy 24 (570ml) on the website but if you wander into the shop it'll will sell fewer :) (at a higher price :( )

They should be increasingly available and easy to track down, many pubs in Sydney are switching over to them I noticed when I was there recently , and they are almost universal in Kiwi Pubs. Mine found its way home mysteriously after a trip to Welly :ph34r:

They should be increasingly available and easy to track down, many pubs in Sydney are switching over to them I noticed when I was there recently , and they are almost universal in Kiwi Pubs. Mine found its way home mysteriously after a trip to Welly :ph34r:
The prodigal old man returns, just as it was foretold

Back