Serving Coopers Pale Ale With Or Without Sediment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nonicman said:
Coopers on tap at the cricket would be heaven sent.
[post="89733"][/post]​

At least it would give one some kind of reason for being at the cricket :p

Until now I've always avoided the cricket 'cos it tends to clash with the International Paint Drying Championships :excl:

awrabest,

wee stu (a new Australian, and it sometimes shows)

wee stu said:
nonicman said:
Coopers on tap at the cricket would be heaven sent.
[post="89733"][/post]​

At least it would give one some kind of reason for being at the cricket

Until now I've always avoided the cricket 'cos it tends to clash with the International Paint Drying Championships

awrabest,

[post="89756"][/post]​
I've reported you to the immigration department, there is no place for people such as yourself. Next you'll be saying bad things about Warnie (said whilst devoutly raising a beer in his great direction). :ph34r:
When I visited the refugees at Villawood, one kid said he didn't like cricket, I reckon he was a terrorist for sure.

Edit: Hope you like the Phillipines :ph34r: :lol:

wee stu said:
[post="89756"][/post]​

Surely they play cricket in Scotland?
I wouldn't imagine they'd be any good at it though :)

When the Scots lose they have been known to toss the stumps over the fence.

tdh

Darren said:
Andrew,
No disrespect but that is certainly not true. What would you do with beer that didn't make specification no matter how you blended it? Dump it?
I think you would sell it in 50 litre kegs to yobs who couldn't tell the difference.
I have taken that particular beer on tap back and swapped for a bottle because it wasn't right.
Bet it is the same for all commercial brews. Footy beer is the worst in the nation. No, never had coopers at the footy!
[post="89716"][/post]​

Any brewery workers want to comment on this latest conspiracy theory :ph34r:

Darren said:
Believe it or not tastes worse at the footy
[post="89725"][/post]​

every beer tastes worse at the footy :angry:
believe it or not... even the Carlton draft and VB we get served up here tatses worse at the footy (if thats possible).
it seriously tatses like watered down gravy... (que in 'vomit' smiley)

It's annoying getting the sludge at the bottom of the keg...

I once ordered a pale and it was orange!! :eek: I looked at it suspiciously and the guy at the bar said 'it's the best part of the keg!!'

I had a sip and was almost sick. I took it back and said 'this is crap. give me something drinkable'. After some of him trying to argue that it's the best part of the keg, he gave i and said 'what do you want- some draught?'

'I want a pale ale'. He gave in and gave me a stubbie of pale.

Never tried orange pale before...

I was talking to the cellarman at my local last night as they sell coopers on tap. Pale and Sparkling... He voted against stirring bottles...

He believed that chaining a few kegs together will help with the problem off too much sedimate and off taste, but will still be cloudy. I had a few pale ales and it was pretty nice last night.

Fair to say that you have to have the pallet for any beer... some days I'm in the mood for a dark ale, and a lager just doesn't sit right. Some pubs don't clean their lines often enough, could have a bit to do with it

Actually getting past my nonsense postings on this thread. I compromise with CSA.

I pour carefully/clear to the glass and enjoy. Then stir up the lees in the bottle and just gulp it straight from the bottle. Waste not, want not and my hair and nails have never looked better with all that vitamin B. :wub: :lol:

Warren -

i am with weestu

Cricket is boaring (BOOOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG)
why would you want to go to a sports game and drink beer anyway" must be a yobbo thing"or the game is that good and interesting you need to get pissed to watch it. :D

i am with you weestu

weestu sounds like we are catigorised as terrorists :D

as they say at coopers "cloudy but fine"

Same here warren - pour clear and down the remnants of the bottle. YUM!

warrenlw63 said:
Actually getting past my nonsense postings on this thread. I compromise with CSA.

I pour carefully/clear to the glass and enjoy. Then stir up the lees in the bottle and just gulp it straight from the bottle. Waste not, want not and my hair and nails have never looked better with all that vitamin B. :wub: :lol:

Warren -
[post="89887"][/post]​

Bugger, I better stop filtering my beers - no wonder the grass don't grow no more... :D

Mine grows OK.

Unfortunately the salt and pepper ratio is favouring the salt these days. :blink:

Warren -

On the last day of the Ashes at the Oval this year, when it finally looked like we were loosing, the Pommie crowd were chatting "Aren't you Scotland in disguise?".

Edit: had a pint of Pale Ale from the tap this evening, it was a little cloudy and enjoyable, though the Ruddles was preferred. :chug: Happy to go the cricket with anyone who hasn't acquired the taste yet :beer:

Kegs of Coopers do require a little TLC, but the results are always worth it. The best example of the Sparkling Ale, in Sydney, used to be on tap at the Twin Willows @ Bass Hill. Now whenever I am in Balmain I head to the London for a few. Max Cooper used to have a financial interest in the pub, and a room upstairs for when he was in town. They have the Pale, Sparkling, & Dark on tap. When you walk in you will notice that everybody is drinking a Coopers, that makes the cellerman's job easy as the beer has to be moving.
Cheers
Gerard

Back