Serving Coopers Pale Ale With Or Without Sediment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coopers promote rolling the bottle on their own website:
http://www.coopers.com.au/beer.php?id=128&pid=1

... a secondary fermentation creates the trademark sediment that gives 'Pale' its fine cloudy appearance. This cloudy residue can be stirred through the beer by tipping or rolling the bottle before drinking.

Personally I'm not fussed either way - there is a difference in flavour and body, akin to the difference between kristallweizen & hefeweizen.

Lately I've noticed a slightly orange-like citrusy character in Coopers Pale Ale. A recipe change? To me Pride Plus hops have that character, but normal Pride of Ringwood does not.

I don't think I've ever had a crystal clear Coopers from the tap, and I've sure had some so cloudy I've had to ask for a spoon.

From the bottle it depends on mood and circumstance.
Generally I prefer not to tilt or roll, especially with a Dark Ale.
Pale and Sparkling taste different clear vs cloudy so I choose generally on a whim.
Then of course, sometimes I need the yeast from the bottom of the bottle.

i usually give it a little roll myself.... i likes it that way

The last Coopers Pale I had on tap (at Twin Towns services club, Tweed Heads) was so cloudy it looked like a wheat beer. Tasted great!

Some waiters/ber tenders in swanky restaurants/bars have been trained by tossers and know no better. With all of the great beers finding their way down under bar staff need to do beer appreciation courses. Still, had a $35 bottle of wine delivered to our table opened the other day! Some just have not received training at all.

i tend to roll around a bit after a heap of Coopers ;)

i went to a function once and the guest speaker was Glenn Cooper.
My editor at the time happened to be an AG brewer and he asked Glenn why people were told to roll the bottle before pouring. The editor thought it was the sort of thing punishable by death. Glenn just said "Hey, it's just a marketing thing."

Have tried both

Rolled please

I figure the good folk at Coopers know a little about their beer

Cheers

The bigger the night, the more likely I am to include yeast in my beverage.

not fussed really...but leaning more to the yeasty side rather than the clear side.

NRB said:
The bigger the night, the more likely I am to include yeast in my beverage.
[post="89617"][/post]​

NRB Is that a big night of farting? :lol:

Warren -

To quote Supernaut - I like it both ways :p

Shawn.

Gough said:
To quote Supernaut - I like it both ways :p

Shawn.
[post="89638"][/post]​

Starting to feel old now Shawn :( . Remebering groups like that.

johnno

Johnno's world is inside out. His daddy thinks he's insane. :lol: :ph34r:

Warren -

Johnno

Think you may be quoting Hush.

Song is Boney Moroney. :lol:

Came out a year or two earlier than Supernaut's song.

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Johnno

Think you may be quoting Hush.

Song is Boney Moroney. :lol:

Came out a year or two earlier than Supernaut's song.

Warren -
[post="89653"][/post]​

Was just testing you Warren. :p :p

PS: I dont mind if its rolled or not. Not that i drink much Sparkling ale these days.

oops. Make that Pale Ale.

Back