SEQ who needs grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for me and for going the extra yards for me and ABC, Andrew.
Session next weekend maybe?

Umm, so instead of emailing Ross with the spreadsheet I forgot. And went to the Ekka. And had some lunch time beers. It may have been feral hop hog. Or two.. Had a chat with Matt from 4 pines.

And the went to stockmans. And then went to jubilee. :beers:

I did freak a bit when I saw 14 emails about this thread and thought it had gone to shit with the afternoon organising. Good to see you guys struggled on without me. :)

Ill be there at opening time tomorrow. :)

No probs Angus , we spilt the free bag on the pallet between us so all is good :)
Hope you gravatroned ?

Thanks to Angus, the Carbonator and all the helpers. This is really appreciated, work seems to prevent me getting to the pick ups most times but someone always helps me out.

Your all just a bunch of possums. :p

Batz

Batz said:
Thanks to Angus, the Carbonator and all the helpers. This is really appreciated, work seems to prevent me getting to the pick ups most times but someone always helps me out.

Your all just a bunch of possums. :p

Batz

No worries Batz, your grain is safe at my place until you come and pick it up.

Thanks to everyone who organized this bulk buy, it ran much more smoothly than the last one.

Now to put together a recipe for a Saison tomorrow.

Hey gang,

I ended up getting to CB at about 9:30 as my bike is still in the shop getting repaired after a small crash a few weeks ago. Ended up going with the wife and little fella. Found all the bags labelled and 1/2 of them gone already. I waited for about 45 mins and met 2 guys picking their grain up. Then the little fella and the wife started wanting to leave.

Hopefully everyone grabbed their bags and got their grain. I noticed Tidal Pete's was still there when I left and a few single bag pickups.

I will have to crank out a few Pilseners/lighter coloured beers. Now have about 45kgs of BB Pale and about 30kgs of BB Ale. The main problem with this is that I have torn down my BIAB rig and am half-way through finishing off my brau-clone.

Thanks for the bulk buy guys. Should see me right for about 4 or 5 months. :beerbang:

I think the Lord Nelson may have a permanent tap in the fridge. That Citra keg-hop hit is just so good!! :icon_drool2:

May have to get a bulk package of Citra. One batch of Lord Nelson is pretty much a 1/2 packet.

I am thinking of christening the brau-clone with a Lord Nelson. Have to finish off the malt pipe and then some software work. Hopefully a couple of weeks and it will be ready. I have about 1/2 keg of Lord Nelson left and am currently cold-crashing DSGA, so that should see my OK for about 3 weeks. A dead-line is what I need to get this thing finished. he he

Gotta love Citra. That hit lasts so long.

Grab some from Yob in 450g lots - he's pretty cheap. $28 for Citra works out to be less than $6 for a 90g bag, plus postage.

Mosaic plays really well with Citra as well, I'm pretty happy with it. So much so, I haven't used much Galaxy with Mosaic taking its place. I'll do a lighter American Wheat or something instead - do a S&W clone for when the weather turns not-cold.

Brewed a sort of Black Rye-PA Wheat thing on the weekend as an opportunity to play with Apollo, Wai-iti and let Citra/Mosaic take a background note to the newer hops.

My last IPA was reasonably well received by the natives here, and that used JW Pils malt, with a bumped up amount of crystal to compensate. Worked well.

My missus said last night "this food would be great to have people over, keg beer on tap" so I'm hoping that a future anniversary present might include a kegerator. Here's hoping.

If you're looking to budget it out, there is a sans-Nelson recipe. But the Citra hit is worth the cost (such as it is, it's still cheaper than commercial beer).

yeh, my next lot of Citra was going to be a 450g baggie (it is a drug, he he) from Yob.

Mosaic eh??? Will use up my Galaxy and then try some in a Lord Nelson.

I am thinking the next lot of LN I will actually use the malt you listed in the recipe. Up until now I have been using BB Ale, so will be interesting to see how the more expensive malt affects the outcome.

I am wondering whether I should have built a keezer instead of buying my kegerator. For about the same money, would have the same number of taps but more space to cold-condition kegs until tap space, hops storage, etc, etc.

I also brewed NIckJD's 8.5% Killer Tripel. Out of the keg it is somewhat balanced but I had a couple of bottles with a mate 2 weekends ago and the alcohol was over-powering. Like a beer with a gin shot in it. May leave the bottles to age for a few months to see how they go.

Latest posts

Back