Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garage_life

Reaction score
Got my hands on this from urban utilities. It covers Brisbane and the surrounding regions. Any more local specific data with mineral profiles is not available through Urban Utilities.

"Unfortunately, for this comprehensive summary, we don’t have it down to localised areas.

This is an averaged summary of all sample points we have within our supply areas over the previous 12 months.

We don’t do everything on all sample points, however, which is why we can’t drill down with this detail to the individual reservoir supply zones."

Attachments

• TPLC Report - September 2017.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Hey garage_life thats a pretty comprehensive report! The best I had found thus far is attached.

What are these reports tell us that we need to do to our water prior to brewing (if anything?)

Thanks,
Suchi

Attachments

• mt-crosby-wtp.pdf
    28 KB · Views: 98
I'm pretty green but, if you want to adjust your mineral levels to a particular style / profile you can use these to calculate your adjustments. I double carbon filtered my town water and added a small increase in sulphite and acid for my current 2 brews. Definitely a noticeable improvement even from an FG hydrometer sample for hop forward style.
Heaps of info and calculators on here, the old jazz hands routine on the keyboard will get you more info than you can poke a dick at too. :)

Latest posts

Back