Seq Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seamad

beer dog
Reaction score
Could someone who has organised a bulk buy indicate what is required of the organiser ?

As I'm new @ here and have never purchased through a bulk buy I really don't know much about them.

cheers

sean

Hey Seamad

Never organised one myself, but i would have thought you will need the following:

permission from the mods
permission from CB (or whoever your supplier will be)
the spreadsheet (from bradsbrew i think)
order size
splits?
strict cut-off date
pickup date

then, once everyone has put in their order, post the completed spreadsheet, get everyone to finalise their order, get their money, pay the supplier, wait for delivery, be there on the day to say g'day, hand out sacks and accept kudos and hopefully beer

easy huh

Hi Seamad

Are you talking SEQ Rocky Bundy surrounding regions or Brisbane region.

I would be interested in 2-3 bags no splits if we are talking Brisbane.

Cheers.

PS it helps if you put where your from in your profile.

It looks like Brad's last thread has been deleted so we don't have his template with rules etc...

DAMN!

The organiser needs to PM Dane for permission to start a BB.

Publish a price list from whoever you choose as your supplier, gather a list of names and what each person wants, get payment from each member, place an order with the supplier and send payment, have pallet of grain delivered to your place and arrange members to pick up from you.

Up to you if you want to split bags. But from an administrative point of view probably easier if you get members to sort that out themselves. Feel free to contact me if you want any more help.

Cheers,
Justin.

There seemed to be guys that missed out on the one that just finished so it would fill pretty quick.

I'll be in for 3.

I'm after 3 or 4. Was waiting for someone with some experience to start one. Doesn't sound too difficult except for hanging @ waiting for pick ups, that would be my only problem. How do you contact Dane ?

cheers
sean

i need 4 bags

seamad, see attached to contact dane

Untitled.jpg

someone has to grasp the reins and be the organizer to start another one off....

I'd be in for at least 4 bags when we next kick off.

I would put my hand up to organise this one but will be going away for 10 days early August which may make things difficult.

Bradsbrew is a very approachable young gentleman and I'm sure if you PM him he'll send you a template which will make the job easier.
With BBs (I helped to run one for the Chinese Hops which is why I now have snow white hair) the important thing is to close it off firmly, make sure everyone pays on the knocker and coordinate thoroughly with Ross and set the rules down firmly at the beginning to avoid the thread going off topic.

I'd be in for a couple of sacks.

seamad, we're only 8 sacks off a pallette

i am being an optimus here but i recon you can have this bulk buy filled by tomorrow

guess we need the dane appproval firxt though

I'm in for a couple of bags Bris north area

i am being an optimus here but i recon you can have this bulk buy filled by tomorrow

Well if you have a Transformer on the job you shouldn't have any troubles at all. :icon_cheers:

I would take 2 bags if the retailer allowed a courier to pick up the grain. Can it work that way? I've not seen a BB for Cairns and have been paying full price plus big freight costs which hurts!

Edit: need more coffee.

OK I'll bit the bullet, will email Dane. Sounds like pick up could be fairly soon.

Please NO orders yet, Will post new topic when sorted

cheers

sean

Latest posts

Back