September Meet 17/09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n87

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Guys,
As always, time to start thinking about more beer. This meet is due to be held on the north end of the coast, so if anyone up there would like to put their hand up to host, it would be appreciated. Otherwise we have some southerners that are willing to pick up the slack ;)

So, any northerners want to put their hand up to let us invade your back yard?

Attendees:

Maybe:
n87

I'm based at Niagara park, pretty central but unsure how north we go. Got a couple of variables before I can commit to hosting but should have a better idea in the next week or 2. More than happy someone else committing before I do. Still layering, dms slowly dissipating. Rotten egg subsided. Still need more weeks so hopefully in time for October meet. Should have other brews available for Sept.

Hey, I'm happy to play host in the ghetto that is Glenning Valley.

Our water tank is under repair - the quoted timeline for repair is "about 3 weeks". :(
I can put my hand up for the meeting, but only if our tank is done, and water can be delivered before the meet.

The issue is that sometimes it's not possible to have water delivered in a timely manner, and with the holes in the tank (tree root ingress apparently) we don't want to order any surplus since it's going to be dumped during repair. Once the water level drops below the top of the pump inlet, the taps will only dribble.

Well given @MJF didnt return from asking the missus, we can only assume the worst, and @mr_wibble may not have water, that leaves @gone brewing as host.

I thought this might be a good opportunity to go through the feedback of our NSW state comp entries too, provided we get them back in time.

Attendees:
gone brewing [host]

Maybe:
n87

Looks like it could be a small meet this month, anyone else planning on coming?

I'd love to join you all, but I don't have any beer to bring at the moment. Only just getting my brew schedule organized.

Looks like it could be a small meet this month, anyone else planning on coming?
Especially seeing as you're a maybe, making me the only definite. Mind you, having a few quiet ones in the afternoon is a typical Sunday for me anyway.

Especially seeing as you're a maybe, making me the only definite. Mind you, having a few quiet ones in the afternoon is a typical Sunday for me anyway.
I am a probable... have the little ones birthday party on sat... so knowing my luck lately I am going to be flat on my back unable to move on Sunday... but I will be there if I can manage it :)

I'd love to join you all, but I don't have any beer to bring at the moment. Only just getting my brew schedule organized.
Dont let that stop you, it is a brew meet, true, but it is also a good opportunity to pick some brains.
If we get the NSW comp feedback sheets back in time, I will bring the beers that got entered and we can compare them to what the judges said.

Dont let that stop you, it is a brew meet, true, but it is also a good opportunity to pick some brains.

I'd second that. There's no need to bring something if you're out but if you wanted to, you could turn up with a beer you like and we can discuss how to go about making a suitable recipe.

I have to bow out of this meet, have spent the last 3 days in bed.... not out of choice....
If someone could do a write up of the meet, It would be appreciated

I'll likely sit this one out too. Shame I had a good couple of octoberfest beers to bring but will save until next meeting if they last.

If I do free up an hour or 2 sunday, I'll send a text to the host if I can pop in, I was there a few months back for another meeting.

Check ALDI next week too, an abundance of octoberfest stuff.

Enjoy!

Notes from Central Coast Craft Brewers’ September meeting.

This month saw just 2 brewers get along to the monthly meeting. What was lacking in numbers was made up for in the very high standard of beers – well at least from Mr Wibble. The brews on offer were:

• An Altbier, American Porter and Belgian Tripel from Gone Brewing, all entered in the NSW comp and tasted with reference to the judges’ comments.
  • A nice Belgian Pale Ale from Mr Wibble followed by an interesting spiced mead. This was made with honey, cinnamon, cloves and oranges, and had a nice interplay of sugar and spice and everything nice.
  • Mrs Gone Brewing made an appearance, offering us some liquid fairy floss, otherwise known as “Whispers” Pink Moscato. An entire bottle of this “wine” may be purchased at Liquorland for just 5 bucks!! Why would you brew your own?? Furthermore, according to the label, it has “party written all over it” and promises to make “any floor a dance floor”. Well no-one needs to see Gone Brewing or Mr Wibble getting their groove on so both passed on the opportunity to try it and we moved on to the next beer.
  • Another couple of brews from Gone Brewing finished off the day; an American Brown Ale and a Dr Smurtos made with mosaic.

Next meeting is the 3rd Sunday in October at Oldfield Cellars and is the German themed “Oktoberfest” meeting.

Back