• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Selling 3V Brewery - Early Jan.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adryargument

Reaction score
Selling my brewery in the new year or parting it out.
Just posting it here for EOI at the moment.

Located West Brisbane 4069.
I have a ute, can deliver for some beersness time.

The mashtun and HLT are a little small - easy upgrade for some bigger batches.
However i can generally fit 12/13kg of grain in at most with a very controlled circulation which equals 60L (3 kegs) of around 5%.

In ye olden days i would fire her up once a month and knockout 2x 60L batches, one light one dark. Takes aproximately 8-9 hours.

Brew Bench:
Welded bench with screw feet (adjustable)
Removable Tallow wood bench tops - Heavy but works well.
Has hot water and cold water soldered copper pipes with hose attachment - one side has started to leak from the solder but can be fixed very easily with a replacement compression fitting.
2x Pump drip covers and control box mounts.
Painted blue to keep mash temperatures stable.

Controller Box:
Manual overrides to an 1x element and 1x pump, via a bendy duct/hose with hand held controller. Can be used independantly of the controller.
Braudruino configured to run 3V - Changes include a press button start for boil timer which disables pump and element, but retains hop notifications - boil is made with LPG and manual controller used to pump / circulate.
Controller box was completely rebuilt by a very competent electrician. This was after a few of my solder joins were a bit dicky.

Pumps:
1x 240v march pump - center outlet higher flow model.
1x 120v march pump - lower outlet slightly lower flow model + 240 -> 120 transformer.

Mash Tun:
I believe its between 45-50L
Stainless steel
Beerbelly false bottom / pickup tube
2x stainless butterfly valves - Top / Bottom
Mashmaster dial

HLT:
I believe its between 45-50L
Stainless steel
Beerbelly side pickup tube
1x stainless butterfly valves - Bottom
Mashmaster dial

Kettle:
98L Robinson(??) Kettle - Paid $460 new.
Kettle came with a slight ding in the top rim. After 2 hours driving to pick it up i CBF'ed returning it. Works well to speed up boil + provide an outlet for volatile oils
Beerbelly side pickup tube
Beerbelly middle recirculation / whirlpool tube
3x stainless butterfly valves - Top / Bottom / Middle
Mashmaster dial

HERMS:
Old style gas cylinder with the top clipped off and heat painted black.
Hermit setup - Stainless steel coil
2 x Kettle Elements, one controlled via controller box, the other i ran off a seperate circuit - powerpoint switch on off.
Its a circle bottom. Was plannong to attach this to the brewery with a tube clamp or simply weld it on. Never got that far. Always just had it tired up to a car stand as per the photo.
Works great for mash and HLT.
I have a Stainless steel inline thermo prode from craftbrewer but i found the temp was more accurate if i simply had the thermometer in the mash close to the water inlet.

Therminator Heat Exchanger + inline temp monitor
Comes with American -> Australian hose fittings

High pressure 4 ring burner
Takes center 2 rings to maintain 100L boil
3rd ring has never had very efficient output, simply not getting the same gas flow. Never looked into it - probably a valve clean
I only use rings 3/4 if im in a rush to get to boil temps

Welded grain crusher
Monster Mill stainless 2 Roller. One geared the other free spin.
Standard bucket height for ease of grain milling.
Fits 15+ KG into shoot.
Wormdrive mill motor from motion dynamics (http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/44766-mill-motors/)
Anderson plug connection, crimped and soldered (i plug it directly into the camping battery for operation - needs like 15amp to kickstart)
Max speed is around roughly 160RPM based on my memory - it was near perfect for the crush.
I have the controller board for the motor, however i have never used it as it creates an electrical squeal and no was near perfect crush already.
I never bothered closing in the sides of the mill, only loose a small amount of shavings that pile up. Once they pile up a tiny bit like in the photo, they tend to stop and push the rest down into the bucket.

I also have everything else, all types of consumables and vials flasks kegs beer fridges.
Hundreds of dollars of fittings hoses camlocks refractometers you name it.
These will be going to but i need to get rid of the brewery first.

Reason for sale - I have been lugging this around for 3 years and its too big for me to currently use. (I even had it in storage as i lived in an apartment!)

No idea on pricing yet but will consider all offers. Happy to sell stuff seperately but really need to work this all out sometime - which is why ill do it in the new year.

fgfdsgn.jpg

Id be interested in the mash tun and hlt if you decide to split

If splitting, can I put a ticket on the mill. And if in the consumables there is yeast harvest/split/encouragement relateds stuff, would be keen to see what is available and chuck a ticket on anything tyhat I might be after..

Just thinking, if it turns out there is grain, hops or yeast as well....mind if I attach a ticket there as well if something can be worked out.

There's probably 7+kg of hops in the freezer. All from like... 09-12
I still use them. No noticeable drop in bitterness oils.

Maybe 100kg of grain.

No yeast.

All brewing salts, pH stuff, random stuff like polyclar vt, whirlpool, etc.

4 kegs, 3 perlick tap fridge, gas bottles, more beer gas splitters, more beer 3 dial low pressure gauge splitters, 2 regulators - damaged but working.

I'm actually heading interstate tomorrow - so don't have time to do a complete list until early Jan. But it definitely will all be on the market!

I also have a bunch of stuff in Sydney I will be listing in the next few days including 560L chest freezer with collar.

I have a mate who is just about to start brewing, he would be interested in any fridges, kegs, gas bottles or regulators. I'll put first dibs on them please

I'd definitely be interested in the Kettle, HERMS, burner and higher capacity pump if the split occurs.

Id be interested in the thermimator. Depending on price

could be interested in controller box (I think i would work for mine ?)

I want this kettle, assuming Robinox? Anyone coming down from Brisbane to Melbourne? :)

No rush btw... :D

If it was in Melbourne, would have got that pot 2 seconds after the add was up lol

ffs, all my images are corrupt.
Let me redo this. Give me an hour or two.

Back