Self chilling fermenter ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a **** of a lot of money for a fermenter.. especially if you're just getting back into it. I'd be more inclined to buy a 30 litre plastic one from your LHBS and pick up a 2nd hand fridge on Gumtree for $50 + temp controller.

Not as much as the graduate diploma in brewing science i did a few years back!

Space is at more of a premium than cash...good place to be i guess...not needing a fermenting and serving fridge would be ideal.

I know grainfather have a similar glycol setup, but i think that ends up being more expensive all up.

Not as much as the graduate diploma in brewing science i did a few years back!

Space is at more of a premium than cash...good place to be i guess...not needing a fermenting and serving fridge would be ideal.

I know grainfather have a similar glycol setup, but i think that ends up being more expensive all up.
Yes, and the GF conical can't pressure ferment (the transfer kit is an extra expense with the GF). All up the eBay one looks better value, that's assuming the finish quality is up to scratch.

Yes, and the GF conical can't pressure ferment (the transfer kit is an extra expense with the GF). All up the eBay one looks better value, that's assuming the finish quality is up to scratch.

Yeah i was a bit cautious at first looking at ebay, but its an actual bricks and mortar home brew store down here in the yarra valley, so i believe i can get out there an inspect the quality before dropping that sort of cash.

Nah i think it'd just be replacing the fermentation fridge so that i could use the fridge i've got for serving. Be a nice space saving.

And when you look at the price of a stainless conical fermenter, which ive always wanted, combined with something like the an immersion pro, or even buying a second fridge, the price doesnt seem too extravagant.

Quality looks pretty chincy from the photos, I'd want to have a good look at it before going in. Pressure hardware is cheap, welding looks aweful as does the finish. Might be OK but I'd be prepared to do some fine tuning and upgrade some parts out of the box. Also stainless quality could be a concern. IMHO

Latest posts

Back