Selecting A Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbiep

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am going to start looking to a 2nd hand fridge to help with my temperature control.

What should one look for in a brewing fridge? Must it be in working order? Ideal size (liters)?

I would like to be able to try put 2 x 20l Willow Jerrys in the fridge.

With regards to getting a stc-1000, is this something that is pretty simple to install / fit? i.e can i do it myself

Cheers,
Robbie

Yep working fridge is a good start!

Ebay, gumtree, rubbish collection are all good places to start.

2x 20L willows should fit snugly in a bar fridge

The STC is pretty easy to wire yourself. Plenty of pics on here to show you the correct way

Yep working fridge is a good start!

Ebay, gumtree, rubbish collection are all good places to start.

2x 20L willows should fit snugly in a bar fridge

The STC is pretty easy to wire yourself. Plenty of pics on here to show you the correct way

i picked up a fridge from the Harvey Norman store, (a relatively new fridge they were about to dump). asked of I could plug it in and test, found the thermostat was not working and replaced. Great fridge, great seals and only 10 bucks.
if you are looking at a high efficency unit and going to use a external temperature control unit, go for a freezer, the insulation is better than a fridge and the compressor is generally larger due to the additional load, great for a quick cold crash.

dave

Back