Secondary Co2 Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remi

Reaction score
Anyone got tips on where to source a secondary CO2 regulator?

Want to put on a keg of soda water for the pregnant misses...

Usual suspects (G+G and CB) don't seem to have any.

I have a Harris CO2 regulator.

Thanks

Remi

Hey Remi,
I am in the same boat with a Pregnant wife drinking Soda Water, I have just been connecting it to the reg, increasing to 300kpa for 3 days, then just disconnecting the gas, and letting it pour itself out, then just charging with gas as required. You will find it holds its carbonation no worries.
I have also found myself drinking a fair bit of it.

Cheers

Robbo

Keg King sell these fittings, which allow a (any) second regulator to be screwed into the first:
C02_adapter_zps58da74b9.jpg

They're not cheap, but do allow you to source any other 'normal' regulator to use (they did have some on their bargain rack for $40 but think they are sold now).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200658235904?hlp=false
@@_dsp_air_reg1.jpg

Can be picked up cheaper.
Have a look around on fleebay and price up appropriate plumbing fittings to make it all work.
I have (but not being used after I bought about 1000 bottles) 4 of them to give me 5 different pressures - Primary reg set high and T'd for soda water and then 4 regs give me 4 completely independant pressures available for beer/cider kegs. "Air" or CO2 doesnt matter it all regulates the same

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200658235904?hlp=false
@@_dsp_air_reg1.jpg

Can be picked up cheaper.
Have a look around on fleebay and price up appropriate plumbing fittings to make it all work.
I have (but not being used after I bought about 1000 bottles) 4 of them to give me 5 different pressures - Primary reg set high and T'd for soda water and then 4 regs give me 4 completely independant pressures available for beer/cider kegs. "Air" or CO2 doesnt matter it all regulates the same

I didn't know you could use these. I have one as a replacement on my air compressor & they leak slightly. Well mine does anyway.

where is it leaking from?
I had one that leaked from the gauge I binned it. From memory I bought 10 @ $5ea so not exactly a big worry.
If your someone that shut of their CO2 after each session (ie a best practice user) and had one way / check valves inline on each or at least after each reg then there wouldnt be a real worry the losses (assuming its not pissing out) would be SFA really

where is it leaking from?
I had one that leaked from the gauge I binned it. From memory I bought 10 @ $5ea so not exactly a big worry.
If your someone that shut of their CO2 after each session (ie a best practice user) and had one way / check valves inline on each or at least after each reg then there wouldnt be a real worry the losses (assuming its not pissing out) would be SFA really

It just leaks from where it's screwed into the compressor. Not a big leak but it does leak & if it was leaking CO2 I certainly wouldn't be using it. With my 4 keg rotation, the gas never really gets a chance to be shut off because I am carbing & serving at the same pressure for convenience really. I can isolate the kegs individually with the 4 way manifold & force carb at higher pressures & wind it back to serving pressure but I find from week 2 the kegged beer is at it's best. I have forced carbed @240kpa for 48hrs & drank on day 3 in the past but the beers were much better at week 2 onwards.

Latest posts

Back