Secondary & Cc Questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goat

NULL
Reaction score
I've got a Pils which took for ever to ferment out (about 4 weeks) that I have a few questions about....

Its been sitting in the secondary at 14deg for a week but its still pretty cloudy. I took a sample to check the gravity yesterday and left it in a glass overnight. There was a film of yeast on the bottom of the glass this morning - which makes me think I should let it sit there a bit longer.Should I let it go a bit longer or should I CC it now?

How should I CC it - rack it to a keg and crank up (down) the freezer or just leave it in the secondary and drop the temp.

TIA

chuck it in the fridge for a while the yeast wwill drop out with the cold temps then rack to keg or bottle

Assuming the SG has come down enough....i would rack it into a jerry and drop the temp to 2 C..lager it for at least 2-3 weeks..should do the trick...i usually don't rack into a keg until the brew is relatively clear..but really it's no drama...a little sediement in the keg doesn't hurt as the storage temp is quite low...

Has the brew had a diacetyl rest yet? What yeast did u use?

After diacetyl rest my lagers go straight into a cube which goes straight into a 0C fridge, for a period of 1-5 months depending on strength.

Jovial Monk

Thanks guys.

I used a 3L starter of 2308 with an OG of 1.052. It was a shade under 1.010 last night.

Sounds like I should set the freezer to 2deg

oops - and I did do a diacetyl reat for a few days between primary and secondary....

The FG sounds good.....you've done the diacetyl rest already...so yeah just lower the temp of your freezer.

Back