• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Second-Hand Grain Mill EOIs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keen to see any offers for Canberra based folk (or syd if I can pick up in the next few days).

Time to graduate to partial mashing.
I have one for you, but it mills very fine. BIAB only. Standard hundred dollar eBay job but you can have it for twenty bucks.

Also, Steve at Belco Brew Supplies is happy to mill grain on request

Great, I live within stone's throw of Steve and get a bunch of stuff through him already. However, I will be doing BIAB as well, so might just take you up on your offer when I'm back in town.

Great, I live within stone's throw of Steve and get a bunch of stuff through him already. However, I will be doing BIAB as well, so might just take you up on your offer when I'm back in town.
You and I must live very close to one another.. Yes flick me a PM when you're in town

Keen to see any offers for Canberra based folk (or syd if I can pick up in the next few days).

Time to graduate to partial mashing.

The best thing about making a move to partial mashing is that after a couple of goes at that, the lightbulb will come on and you'll realise that full volume BIAB mashing is the same, just bigger. And simpler. And cheaper... and tastier and .........
Get ye a mill my son.:cheers:

I think that realization and ambition already exists. Only thing holding me back is time and budget. I’ve been setting up from scratch over the last few months, fermenting without a fridge and bottling kit and a bit brews.

The end goal is full mash brewing into fridge/kegs. I just have to budget funds and time as other responsibilities weigh heavy at the moment (and for the foreseeable future). But that’s cool, gives me time to read practice and learn whilst patiently hunting bargains.

I'm still looking for a grain mill in Adelaide but for those located near Torquay there is one for sale on gumtree

Hey all, I may have missed the boat a bit on this, but anyone else in Melbourne looking to move their mill on? I'm pretty keen to start buying grain in bulk and milling myself

Manga mill with rain gutter leaf catcher as hopper. Has had the mod done that brewers do to get the right width. Comes mount on a board and with a handle and drill adapter. Great mill for someone just dipping there toes into AG. $40.00 pick up from Riddells Creek Victoria 3531 or from near Melbourne Airport.
IMG_4306.jpg
IMG_4303.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

Bumping up this thread...
Anyone wishes to part with their old Mill - around Melbourne East / South East?

Hey WEAL, just something basic for BIAB... Sort of like buying your first car lol
Just wanted to see what's out there on this side of town since the MashMaster BB sometime ago...

Yeah cheers Yuz for the bump, anyone else in the south east of melb looking to off load a mill?

Did you end up moving that mill WEAL? Happy to take it off your hands if Yuz missed out

Sorry Yuz took it, think I went in to cheap, he didn't even haggle.:) I will keep an eye out for you if I spot any bargains.
I'm very pleased WEAL, thanks once again! I've since gave it a full and proper maintenance and made a rigid chassis out of 50x25x3 Alu angle so it's all nice and square. Re-tapped the threads etc so this is how it is now:
VGY5efr.jpg

The next step is the base board (thinking thick HDPE maybe?) and hopper additions.
Maybe even a dedicated geared motor too later on - awesome winter project :)

Long time lurker, first time poster.

An grain mills in Canberra available at the moment?

Cheers

Long time lurker, first time poster.

An grain mills in Canberra available at the moment?

Cheers
You're a month late, sorry mate. I had an eBay cheapie to get rid of.
Steve @ Belco Brew Supplies and the Kambah store are both happy to mill grain for you tho

Back