• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Equipment Wanted Second hand Brewzillas not common?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeve007

Reaction score
There hardly ever seems to be any second hand Brewzilla for sale anywhere from what I can see, I assume that's an indication that most people love them and just keep a hold of them I guess?

I'm just putting together my brewing gear wishlist and trying to work out where to put the money, and what I can afford....

There hardly ever seems to be any second hand Brewzilla for sale anywhere from what I can see, I assume that's an indication that most people love them and just keep a hold of them I guess?

I'm just putting together my brewing gear wishlist and trying to work out where to put the money, and what I can afford....
Hi mate,

I see them on Gumtree regularly, there’s 3 available now. I’ve never used one and I get confused between the Brewzilla, Robobrew and Grainfather. Best thing to do is grab something you can afford and start, you’ll never look back!

mmmmmmmm beer!

Attachments

• 4685F9DA-C22F-4813-812E-1AFA4C42AD09.png
    4685F9DA-C22F-4813-812E-1AFA4C42AD09.png
    390.2 KB · Views: 35
Hi mate,

I see them on Gumtree regularly, there’s 3 available now. I’ve never used one and I get confused between the Brewzilla, Robobrew and Grainfather. Best thing to do is grab something you can afford and start, you’ll never look back!

mmmmmmmm beer!
Those 3 have been there for a while, and I've been monitoring Gumtree for a few months now, FB marketplace too. I assume that means they're pretty good and people keep a hold of them.

And just looking for my next step, been stove-top BIABing for 2 years now

I've got a 35L Robo brew and it works well, do make sure it's a later version, the early units had normal heating elements and it was easy to scorch the grain, the later ones switched to ultra low watt density elements, the easy way to tell is if it has 3 little rubber feet it's a later one, the very latest also have a handle at the base to make emptying easier. Brewzilla and robo-brew are the same thing.
Kegland is about to release a new more expensive unit, but will continue to supply Zilla's.

If I was doing it again I'd go the 60L.

I actually prefer brewing 10-15L batches, more chance to experiment and/or get a recipe spot on by repeating it.

Tick for the robobrew I started with one of these and it worked great for me, upgraded to a Guten 70 and that allows plenty of scope with batch size, strong ales and different ferments same mash liquor.

Back