Second go with a brigalow

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's some truth to that. I was grabbing some PET caps from Big W yesterday and they had sold out of the finishing hops. Sold out! So people use them. Someone here must use them. We want feedback.

Imagine the space I could save!!

I might have to send Briglow an email and see if I cant become a stockist :blink: :p

bum said:
There's some truth to that. I was grabbing some PET caps from Big W yesterday and they had sold out of the finishing hops. Sold out! So people use them. Someone here must use them. We want feedback.
Well, I once bought one at the beginning of my brewing caper. I remember opening it up and even breaking it in half (I think it had like a marker in the middle like a 'real' tablet), but I can't for the life of me remember if I actually used it or not.
Judging by the tin of Brigalow Lager that came with my kit and is still sitting on the shelf in the garage I might have been smart and just wrapped it back up in glad wrap and dumped it in some box that I haven't looked at since.

I know Manticle has used them though, and he felt like a brewing superstar when he did it, so they it must be some good stuff!

I used them a couple of times when I first started, they were pretty unmemorable but so were all my early brews. Maybe there is a maverick / pioneer out there who is willing to stick 10 tablets in a beer to make an IPA?

I'm not going to drink it though.

Florian said:
Well, I once bought one at the beginning of my brewing caper. I remember opening it up and even breaking it in half (I think it had like a marker in the middle like a 'real' tablet), but I can't for the life of me remember if I actually used it or not.
Judging by the tin of Brigalow Lager that came with my kit and is still sitting on the shelf in the garage I might have been smart and just wrapped it back up in glad wrap and dumped it in some box that I haven't looked at since.

I know Manticle has used them though, and he felt like a brewing superstar when he did it, so they it must be some good stuff!
Those things are the dogs bollocks (or is that dog's balls?)

I used them a couple of times - they have no aroma or flavour and there is no variety - just 'hop finishing tablet'. They are designed to add hop oils so you get better retention - I remember believing my beer had better retention at the time but I was also doing crazy stuff like adding portions of LDME to my beers.

Then I discovered those crazy hop teabag things. Wow! They were the dog's bollocks. Apparently hops come from actual plants and there are different ones with different characters. These things were green like a plant and had aroma and flavour in them. You put them in different beers, depending on what kind of beer and what you wanted.

Long time ago now, my belt has seen many onions since then,

Back