Second Amendment?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougsbrew

Beer Sloth
Reaction score
I reckon Barack Obama passed up a golden opportunity here, after Sandy Hook massacre he talked tough, shed a tear and then handballed the issue off to dissapear. He's on his last term so whats there to loose, overturning the fifth, he'd be known for ever. I wonder how many Sandy Hook parents are 'pro the fifth'. It sickens me evertime i see these articles - http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/chicago-police-report-several-wounded-in-shooting-in-park/2013/09/20/fb9c526e-21af-11e3-ad1a-1a919f2ed890_story.html
A snippet - “They’ve been coming round here looking for people to shoot every night, just gang-banging stuff. It’s what they do.”

What he has to loose is he doesn't want to be remembered as the President who revoked the 5 th Amendment and as you say its his last term he will be wanting a nice soft exit. Being tough is no Obama, look how close we came to the dreaded fiscal cliff.

I'm not sure what Sandy Hook has to do with a constitutional provision protecting an individual from being forced to testify against themself. I highly doubt Adam Lanza is in a position to incriminate himself.

Any change to the US constitution requires 2/3 majority on both houses.

Not sure why you're blaming Obama for this.

goomboogo said:
I'm not sure what Sandy Hook has to do with a constitutional provision protecting an individual from being forced to testify against themself. I highly doubt Adam Lanza is in a position to incriminate himself.
Haha. Shit. I Googled the wrong end of the stick.

I think you're thinking of the second ammendment there. The fifth is something else entirely.

Airgead said:
I think you're thinking of the second ammendment there. The fifth is something else entirely.
Ooops... you are you correct.

Don't you plead the fifth when you screw up the second?

You could do... but only if you don't want to incriminate yourself.

The really sad thing is that most Australians know the US constitution (and its variious ammendments) far better than they know the Australian one...

Airgead said:
The really sad thing is that most Australians know the US constitution (and its variious ammendments) far better than they know the Australian one...
"**** off. We're full."?

Actually Airgead, I was thinking the same thing the first time I looked at this thread. I'm both proud and a little ashamed I'm not very knowledgable of either.

Because our constitution is too boring to feature in movies (the castle doesn't count)

"The Constitution has no Bill of Rights, such as that found in the United States Constitution, which prevents a legislature from passing laws that infringe basic human rights, such as freedom of speech."

Depending on what we're actually talking about.....

Gun deaths per 100,000 population (2010/11)

Australia ...... 1.1
UK ............... 0.3
NZ ............... 1.5
USA ........... 10.3

Whether it is access or use will be a matter that will be debated for a long time. Either way, it tells you that there is something not quite right.

Yes, the source is Wikipedia.

Edit: formatting

GuyQLD said:
Don't you plead the fifth when you screw up the second?
Fark up the 2nd.. Take the 5th.. Let your lawyers use the 1st to shit can the prosecutor, the witnesses and their families..

But you can't drink til you're 21.. Can die for your country at 18.. And drive at 16..

At least it's now legal to brew in all 50 states.. Including intoxication!

Latest posts

Back