Secomd Fermenting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis p

Reaction score
:chug: hi all i've done a little rechearch on the topic and second fermenting and bulk priming are the next step for me, just need a couple of pointers in the right direction. my next brew will be a draught whats the best sugar to use and how long should it stay in each fermenter. i've got the rest pretty much sussed thanks elvis

I usually leave it one week in the primary and one/two weeks in secondary, sometimes longer with a big beer. (or about 7 weeks when I was away earlier this year. worked fine and the beer was great as soon as it carbed up in the bottles :) )

i haven't made an aussie draught before so I'll let someone else give you info on that, but you could just make it all malt rather than adding any sugar at all. not sure where you are and what hbs you have near you, but the fantastic :super: HB Kitreviews should be able to give you some good pointers to a good kit.

Cheers

DrewCarey82 said:
That Kit review site is so ordinary.
[post="89367"][/post]​

Maybe tell me what is wrong with it so I could maybe address the problem?

Seems a lot of people do use it (and the hits prove it) so I'm happy to keep it up, even though I haven't done a kit for over 6 months now so it's no real benefit to me.

Back