Searching on AHB

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
How to use the search function.

To get the best use of the search function follow these steps.
1. At the top right of the screen is the search function box.
search box.jpg

2. Type your query into the search field and click the orange “forums” tab next to the search tab. Then select the google tab from the search selection drop down box. Then click the search tab.
drop down.jpg

3. The Google search feature is the easiest and most powerful of the search options available on AHB, you will be presented with a screen similar to the one below, then just select the thread you wish to view.
result.jpg

There are other methods of searching the forums including the advanced search feature but the Google option is by far the easiest.

Is there a reason why the Google search isn't just used as the default?

I think some people may think that by selecting "Google" as opposed to "This forum", they'll be presented with general Google search results rather than AHB-specific ones.

Having the abilty to select a specific search option is helpful, the member option for instance is really good for finding members.

It is more of a program thing. If I am in a topic it will search the topic by default, if I am viewing the forums it will search the forums by default.
I think we are better off showing people how to choose from the dropdown list rather than just have a google default.

Great work Andrew.

Yob said:
exactly the same comment made HERE
Yes thanks for that Yob, jogged my memory and got me motivated to post up and pin the process so it's easier to find.

Are there any plans to incorporate the Google search into the app? The search on there blows.

Not sure I understand krausenhaus, google is already integrated into the search function, you just have to select it.

AndrewQLD said:
Not sure I understand krausenhaus, google is already integrated into the search function, you just have to select it.
In the AHB smartphone app? It gives you the option to filter results after searching by forum category, username, and thread title only/all posts. No option to select anything prior to searching.

Thank you for posting this, have had little success using the search feature (selecting forums instead of google) so far.

krausenhaus said:
In the AHB smartphone app? It gives you the option to filter results after searching by forum category, username, and thread title only/all posts. No option to select anything prior to searching.
Sorry, didn't realize you were refering to a mobile app, something for Austin to look into and I think he is aware of the issue.

my photo will not load i just changed the photo size on the menu in the camera.but the photo i wanted first was taken with the old size.the new smaller size photo will down load first time like 12,10 then .640 i pick the .640 size and then photographed the photos i need.

Latest posts

Back