Sean Connery, James Bond actor, dies aged 90

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DU99

Reaction score
The Scottish movie legend shot to international stardom as the suave and sophisticated British agent James Bond and went on to dominate the silver screen for four decades.

Sir Sean died peacefully in his sleep in the Bahamas after being "unwell for some time", his son Jason told the BBC.

Mr Connery said his father "had many of his family who could be in the Bahamas around him" when he died overnight in Nassau.

"We are all working at understanding this huge event as it only happened so recently, even though my dad has been unwell for some time," he said.

"A sad day for all who knew and loved my dad and a sad loss for all people around the world who enjoyed the wonderful gift he had as an actor."

Sir Sean was born Thomas Sean Connery in August 25, 1930, in Edinburgh slums and worked as a coffin polisher, milkman and lifeguard before his bodybuilding hobby helped launch an acting career that made him one of the world's biggest stars.

He will be remembered first as British agent 007, the character created by novelist Ian Fleming and immortalised by Sir Sean in films starting with Dr. No in 1962.

Bond is still one of my go-to movies when there’s nothing else I want to watch.

Sad to see him go, but at 90 he’s had a great innings and left us with some wonderful work over the years. Might have to watch Dr No tonight after when I finish at the coal face.

JD

Yes, 90 is a good innings, and I suppose fans around the world are stirred but not shaken by the news. His seems to have been a life well lived and remarkably free from scandal considering the industry he worked in.

Former co-star Honor Blackman passed away earlier this year so hopefully he will find Pussy Galore in heaven.

Rest in Peace, Mr Connery. I tips my glass and thank you for the fine acting in many great movies (The Man Who Would Be King, co-staring Michael Caine, is my personal favorite).

Back