SE QLD Xmas-in-July 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind regards to all swappers, big ups to your wonderfully gracious host Von Winkle, event organisers/ contributors and not forgetting world's top swap maestro. :D
Sadly I am unable to make this incredible event as we await expected news of Spousie's first grandchild's arrival any day, not to mention us now living over a hundred miles away on the Sunny Coast. There's also a small matter of brief course of alcohol- incompatible drugs ATM- it's all just one great big conspiracy to eliminate fun. :(
Anyway, I am sure it is going to be a compleat hoot, while you'll all look forward to bringing a really sore head and queasy tummy to breakfast in the morning (I hope you all brought swimming costumes, otherwise IIRC chez Winkle standing orders stipulate starkers).

**SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY***
1. Winkle - Biere de Noel Ale 8.5% (dark/sour) ready to drink 1 Sep 2015 (probably)
2. Ciderman - Red Rye IPA 6.5% 66IBU - Should be ready to drink by swap date.
3. HBHB - Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 10.5% - going light this time
4. madpierre06 - Coffee Imperial Stout 4 is cold steeped coffee addition, 4 as is means straight bean addition, 18 hour soak. Bottled 2/7, give minimum month to drink. Bottle with an underlined 4 , then you have cold steeped addition prior to bottling, no underline means yours is whole bean for 18 hours prior to bottling.
5. liam_snorkel - robust porter
6. Parks - Coffee Stout - DRINK IT YESTERDAY
7. luggy- Irish Ale, 6.2%, Be at its best from early august.
8. hwall95 - Mocha Stout, 7%, Should be ready
9. Meno - Kiwi Bright Ale
10. Seehuusen - American Wheat IPA
11. Angus - raisin porter
12.Natdene - Black IPA 6.2%, bottled 29/06 so give it a few weeks
13. Lukiferj - Dark Rye Saison - bottled 27 June so will need a few weeks at least
14. rokaxe - IRA 6.8%, 97 IBU (ready to drink Aug 2nd, soz)
15. Ballantyne - Yee Ipa 6.9% - bottled 1/7/15 - needs at least 3 weeks
16. Benken25 - rice lager with lemongrass and black pepper
17. Brewkid - (IPA - LATE SCRATCHING) OATMEAL STOUT 4.7% now replacing it, ready to drink now.
18. Beersuit - Gladfields Belgian blonde.
19. Fattox - imperial dark lager
20. Adr_0 - English IPA
21. Radshoes - Vanilla Mocha Porter RED 21 IS PORTER GREEN 21 IS AN APA Both ready for consumption now.
22. Aydos - Dark rye IPA
23. Earle - Hoppy Hefe
24. Screamadelica - TBC
Reserve

Going but not swapping (people who are going but aren't in the case swap)
1. kegs23(trying to get best mate to change date for his 40th birthday,if he does i am there)
2. tazman1967
3. Peege
4. Newy
5. Sqyre
6. NickB
7. Taylor
8. Daniel (tentative)
9 wombil, Just back from the bush.buggers drank all my booze but I got a load of wood for the night

Food (evening pizza run)

Winkle - chips, nuts and those big casava crackers. Coffee/OJ for breakfast (plus whatever we're short of)
Earle - smoked peanuts, smoked cheese and crackers, hopefully smoked rye ale (if there's enough left) - there's not a common theme at all
Meno - Warm Cheesy Puffs & Crisps
Adr_0 - warm nuts (...and some home roasted almonds and macadamias, should be enough to go around)
Natdene - Chips and nuts. Beers - growler of each a new recipe PA & a 10min falcon IPA that I want feed back on, Have had a change of plans so now can't stay long
Parks - general snack stuffs
Radshoes - just bought a platter of deli meats and some cheeses for eating
lukiferj - Chips and snacks. Bacon for breakfast.
hwall95 - chips, salsa and donuts.

jatterbury said:
So talking to a lad at work who has attended these previously I should wander on down as it's really close to my place (im in gearside st). I'll attend without case swapping and can help with food requirements winkle. Let me know what you need me to bring.
I'm close too just up off Dargie. Love to come to this but forum looks really quiet at mo. :-/

Parks said:
Haven't seen Screamadelica for a while but everyone else seems to have been active lately so we should get close to a full swap :super:
ill be there! have my beers ready top go. 18 of them are belgian IPA, 6 are choc-raspberry saison. just haven't logged into here for a while sorry. see you guys soon

Late confirmation but I've just kegged a beer and packing the car. See everyone in a bit over an hour!

Now this is what you call hopping fellas..

Now this is what you call hopping fellas.. minimum hops for a malt beer

20150704_170430.jpg

Hope the pot belly is cranked, you guys look like you could do with some warming up.

Morning (Oh my head) Gents... what an awesome night... great seeing y'all again and meeting some of you lads I haven't met before.

I really enjoyed a whole bunch of the beers on offer and jeebus but there were some great sours. Time to get myself into some Brett brewing methinks.

What a night. Big thanks to Mr and Mrs Winkle for hosting again. Cheers to everyone for good times and good beers. Nice to meet any new faces and catch up with old ones. Highlights were many but The Two Metre tall sours (Cheers Pete), Anthony's lambic, Perry's acerola tarwhe, berlinner weisse and Martin's hop juice were some of my favourites of the night.

Big thumbs up to the venue as per every time you host Mr and Mrs Winkle. I think Liam's mild was my surprise favourite on tap with the Berliner Weisse a close second.

Great night!

Tasting Thread started.

Please add your ready to drink date and I'll update the main post.

highlight of the night was watching Stefan chase Lukifer around with his pants at his ankles.

Back