SE QLD Xmas-in-28th of June 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rowy said:
Gents I will bring with me some grouse empty glass bottles that are crackers for long term storage beers. Also some PET to give away. For the glass ones whoever stumps up with the biggest donation to a kids charity of our choice gets them. Winkle can take the donation on the night and post the receipt later.
Great idea Rowy. I will put up a 100L aluminium kettle that I no longer use, no lid and has a hole for tap. Same deal for a donation to a kids charity.

Thats the spirit Brad!

brewing a dunkel weizen this Wednesday and will see how it turns out. Never brewed one before, and haven't drunk that many but the recipe mine is based on just grabbed my interest. And seeing it is a weizen, can be drunk nice and fresh so should be carb'd and in its prime by the swap meet.

Will bottle it and see how it matures. Aim to have more than 24 bottles so I can taste them over time.

Will hopefully start fermenting it next week as I have just started fermenting a 1050 APA which should take about 5 days to ferment and then 3 days cold crash to try and drop out the US-05.

Have I bitten of more than I (and perhaps my system at the moment) can chew? Yes, yes I have...... :blink: 5 step mash (2 of which are pump rests so my software can automatically do that) So I will have to do some solid software work tomorrow to include step mashing and pump rests before brew day on Wednesday otherwise it will be a manual brew day for me.

oh, and I have nothing of worth to give away. :D

Rowy said:
STANDARD WARNING ABOUT USING 750ML PET BOTTLES (PLEASE KEEP THIS HERE).
1) Winkle, Hogshead Triple d'Houblon * (probable) or an Apricot Sour.
2) Beersuit.
3) Benken25
4) Earle (swapping but won't be able to attend)
5) Bradsbrew -
6) Robv
7) Liam_snorkel
8 ) lukiferj
9) Parks - I have 6 months to perfect an AIPA for this - you guys like AIPAs, right?
10) Daemon - Mocha Porter
11) Angus - beer
12) Jameson- scotch ale
13) ballantynebrew
14) TheCarbinator
15) NickB - probably something infected
16) Snow - "Batzlove" Imperial Witbier
17) Aydos - Blueberry and Black peppercorn Belgian stout.
18 ) Maxbroner
19) leahy268 - Will attempt to come in the swap again at the very least. - Not sure yet if I'll be able to come along though.
20) Donske - Rye Dark Mild
21) tazman1967 - Kraken Rum Oak Aged Stout
22) madpierre - If I may join the festivities, something beery and basic and depending on how future work roster holds up, for the moment I am in though

Attending (Not Swapping)
1) Gavo - Too lazy to swap
2) TidalPete -- Bringing a keg of my Chocolate Treacle Oatmeal Stout.
4) kegs23
5) Ross - Might be tied up with our brewery bar opening, but if not, I'm in.
6) Florian
7) Rowy (Clashes with another event but keen to attend) 30Pk XXXX Gold on ice and ready!
Updating my contribution.

Your bringing that for me Pete, you know That beer of yours in my favourite. You Bloody champion! Now I've got to think of buying a beer to reward you with.

Have you been lurking all this time Rowy? We are overdue a beer or three.

If anyone has access to some firewood, that would be a help since all the stockpiled wood I had on hand got burnt Saturday nite/Sunday morning when the Scotch supply was getting hammered.

Do jacaranda branches count as fire wood?

Have quite a few sitting in the back yard which I'm desperately trying to get rid of, cut them down a few weeks ago.
Probably to moist, still?

Good to see you back, Rowy!

Fire? As in, fitting fire in a home in Qld to deal with lower temperatures? :ph34r: I was giving it to the Taswegian locals for having their fireplace on in late March when the nights were still double digit.

Hope you boys enjoy it, looks an excellent line up this time.

Rowy said:
Your bringing that for me Pete, you know That beer of yours in my favourite. You Bloody champion! Now I've got to think of buying a beer to reward you with.
Had forgotten about that.
Looking forward to having a few with you Rowy. :party:

Florian said:
Do jacaranda branches count as fire wood?

Have quite a few sitting in the back yard which I'm desperately trying to get rid of, cut them down a few weeks ago.
Probably to moist, still?
They might be ok in a month Florian, I might come over and grab a few at the end of May to see how much they smoke out the suburb :)

Cool.

I guess that does mean that I now better cut them into sensible pieces and store them away from the weather until then.

errrm... yes, of course.

Better organise myself an axe, then.

EDIT: actually just had a look at my well maintained shadow board and it appears I already have an axe. Thanks Pete, you saved me from getting out the stupid pole saw.

winkle said:
Have you been lurking all this time Rowy? We are overdue a beer or three.

If anyone has access to some firewood, that would be a help since all the stockpiled wood I had on hand got burnt Saturday nite/Sunday morning when the Scotch supply was getting hammered.
Never left Perry. Just been keeping myself away from temptation. You still enjoy an ice cold can of XXXX Gold?

updated swap contribution

STANDARD WARNING ABOUT USING 750ML PET BOTTLES (PLEASE KEEP THIS HERE).
1) Winkle, Hogshead Triple d'Houblon * (probable) or an Apricot Sour.
2) Beersuit.
3) Benken25
4) Earle (swapping but won't be able to attend)
5) Bradsbrew -
6) Robv
7) Liam_snorkel - cherrywood rauchbier (probably)
8 ) lukiferj
9) Parks - I have 6 months to perfect an AIPA for this - you guys like AIPAs, right?
10) Daemon - Mocha Porter
11) Angus - beer
12) Jameson- scotch ale
13) ballantynebrew
14) TheCarbinator
15) NickB - probably something infected
16) Snow - "Batzlove" Imperial Witbier
17) Aydos - Blueberry and Black peppercorn Belgian stout.
18 ) Maxbroner
19) leahy268 - Will attempt to come in the swap again at the very least. - Not sure yet if I'll be able to come along though.
20) Donske - Rye Dark Mild
21) tazman1967 - Kraken Rum Oak Aged Stout
22) madpierre - If I may join the festivities, something beery and basic and depending on how future work roster holds up, for the moment I am in though

Attending (Not Swapping)
1) Gavo - Too lazy to swap
2) TidalPete -- Bringing a keg of my Chocolate Treacle Oatmeal Stout.
4) kegs23
5) Ross - Might be tied up with our brewery bar opening, but if not, I'm in.
6) Florian
7) Rowy (Clashes with another event but keen to attend) 30Pk XXXX Gold on ice and ready!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399429104.899805.jpg

Dunkel weizen mash in. Man, this mash schedule is more involved than my normal 66 degrees for 60 mins APA.

Back