Scratch Bar Qld Beer Week Entries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thescratch

Reaction score
G'day all in the QLD homebrew sphere,

Just a reminder to get your best brews in to The Scratch by the end of the month to be in the running to have one of your best brewed at Bacchus and tapped in July!

Here's the link if you need a refresh!LINK!

Cheers,

The Scratch

Can we prefill out forms or do we, *have* to fill them out while sipping some other tasty beverages?

Can we prefill out forms or do we, *have* to fill them out while sipping some other tasty beverages?

That is a prerequisite I'm afraid...

Forms are at the bar, and only take a sec to fill in. (Or an hour, depending on how you're travelling)

"but darl, the Scratch bar said I HAVE to have these beers..."

Might just leave the missus at home... :)

That is a prerequisite I'm afraid...

Forms are at the bar, and only take a sec to fill in. (Or an hour, depending on how you're travelling)

I'll have to catch the train to drop them off :rolleyes:

Any hints as to how many "chosen brewers" there will be for the brew day at Bacchus? Pity the only decent beer I've got that I could enter is a stout - not very out there or QLD. Might just have to drink it all myself instead :)

up to 4 taps up for grabs at the moment. 3 regular & 1 x hand pump.
If there are enough good beers we may bring in a kegerator or 2.

Cheers Ross

Any hints as to how many "chosen brewers" there will be for the brew day at Bacchus? Pity the only decent beer I've got that I could enter is a stout - not very out there or QLD. Might just have to drink it all myself instead :)

Nothing wrong with entering a stout. be brave and give it a go. I've got a porter that I think I'll enter.

I'm dropping my beers off on Saturday arvo and I'll be able to act surprised when I learn that UNIFIKATOR is on tap (well I'll just have to stay for a few then ;) ).

I'm dropping my beers off on Saturday arvo and I'll be able to act surprised when I learn that UNIFIKATOR is on tap (well I'll just have to stay for a few then ;) ).
I'm the same Winkle. What time?
Wife is heading out Saturday night so she suggested I should head to the Scratch after lunch to drop off my beers :)

Well.... there was a fair few people leaving it until the last minute. I think they were almost up to 60 entries by the time I left. They are going to have a very long day on Monday trying to taste them all.

One gentlemen (*CHEAT* ;) ) dropped his beers off in custom made wooden carry cases with proper labels and branded bottle tops. The guys behind the bar were suitable impressed. The other people dropping off brews were gutted by the professionalism they were up against.

Looking forward to seeing what we end up with on tap.

Dave Clarke also decided to share a bottle of his barley wine around - that was the end of me. Great beer but damn it packs a punch.

Cheers,

Ed

Well.... there was a fair few people leaving it until the last minute. I think they were almost up to 60 entries by the time I left. They are going to have a very long day on Monday trying to taste them all.

One gentlemen (*CHEAT* ;) ) dropped his beers off in custom made wooden carry cases with proper labels and branded bottle tops. The guys behind the bar were suitable impressed. The other people dropping off brews were gutted by the professionalism they were up against.

Looking forward to seeing what we end up with on tap.

Dave Clarke also decided to share a bottle of his barley wine around - that was the end of me. Great beer but damn it packs a punch.

Cheers,

Ed

What time were you there, and was the band on? I scoffed the last of the Nogen-O and then scurried away around 5-ish. :) They were trying to figure out how to rate 50 around then so it must have been a flood after that.

Bring on Monday....It's a tough job, but someones got to do it :icon_drunk: :D

Sounds like you and the Scratchies have a marathon effort in front of you - probably 20 x DIPA's :D

I believe most of them are of the stupidly alcoholic variety. I know mine is ;)

I *think* we left around 10ish and stumbled across the road for a curry. Didn't miss you by long then winkle I was in around 6ish.

It'll be a tough job brewing some of them if they win based on things I've heard. But I'm sure the fun on Monday will make up for that.

Cheers,

Ed

ROFL.

Seriously - you deserve it. Think of it as a reward for hard work.

Wishing I was better organised to produce something.

Having said that, the wife and 3 1/2 kids that cause me to brew erratically, probably got me drinking in the first place, so I should thank them. :D

Goomba

With that many entries I think it would be a tough job. Perhaps pleasant enought but not easy if taken seriously.

Tag team judging?

Back