Scratch Bar QBW Homebrew Comp.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
THE QBW HOMEBREW COMP IS BACK!

ATTENTION ALL BUDDING BREWERS !

This year The Scratch Bar will be running their very popular homebrew competition for the chance for your very own beers to be brewed commercially, and poured on tap at The Scratch during Queensland Beer Week in July.

Details are as follows, it's pretty straight forward.

All styles are welcome, and brewers may enter up to 3 different beers.
Entries must be received over the bar by May 31st.
Entries should consist of 2 x 330mL bottles, or 1 x 750 mL bottle per beer entered. Entry forms must also be filled out at the bar.
The bonus theme this year is "Rock and/or Roll", which has been chosen to coincide with the Queensland Music Festival. Extra points will be given to beers which can use the theme for inspiration or interpretation in any way you see fit, beers inspired by your favourite song perhaps? Beers with musical ingredients? Perhaps you put a rock in your beer, i dunno... It's up to you! Extra Extra points will be given if you can interpret the theme with a QLD focus. Come on Einstein!

Any questions can be sent to [email protected] Website: http://www.scratchbar.com/blog/view/the-qbw-homebrew-comp-is-back/

Definitely entering again if I ever get to brew!!

I'll be brewing a beautiful K&K APA fermented @ ambient temp with US-05. Called 'Acid Rain'. Yummy

"The bonus theme this year is "Rock and/or Roll","

So all bottles should be labeled best before 1980...?

Nah, there was still some good stuff released after that.
I'm gonna brew a Sahti for this called "All my friends are dead", maybe put a photo of Joh on the tap top for bonus Qld reference.

Back