Scratch Bar over Xmas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NickB said:
Saturday 28th.

I will be at The Scratch from around 1pm, leaving around 4:30. Yob should be at The Brewhouse from opening, until he hits The Scratch....

Simples!
Hmmm, will have to see what time they open ;)

Still confused. Also a thousand beers down today though. Will check the thread for where I need to be. Unless I'm too busy washing my hair. Like Liam/with Liam.

German club is a maybe depending on travel time for me. Scratch from, say, 1pm until 4:30 ish.

Be there or be square!

Surely a brew house gathering from 10 (liquor license is from 10am in qld) would give heaps of time to Scratch later on.... They only have a couple of good beers, anyway.... Right Sim ;)

Lemme know!

Brewhouse is definitely the starting point for me, followed by scratch, SWMBO will be joining me and the BIL there (scratch) after the bub go's down so ~8:30pm...

An early start will make for quite a messy day.. Hence I was thinking brewhouse ~4-7pm then scratch after that...

@NickB - the brewhouse only have beer?

No worries guess we will probably miss each other this time.

Have to do it next time.

Just be aware that because the Scratch has a 60 person limit, the line to get in can get long on weekends!

Cheers

It's true, it is best to get to Scratch early rather than late but the line does fluctuate a bit and you might rock up at 9pm to find no line when you would have otherwise expected one. Maybe starting out at scratch and heading into the Brewhouse from there might be your best bet.

For my part, I'm going to try and make it out on Saturday night boys (not having met any of you in the flesh before) but a good friend is going through a rough patch at the moment and I have gots to keep an eye on him too.

I'll just see how we go and I'll hopefully make it out for at least one or two drinks. Let me know where and when we are kicking off and I'll do my best.

...and the German club is closed until 2nd of Jan? Damn, I was hoping to kick off my new years there!

At this stage I'll be with a small crew heading to brewhouse for lunch on sat then to green beacon & newstead brewery

The limit at Scratch is 100 not 60 & will be fine Yob, it's very, very unlikely you'd have to queue...

Any of your BIPA there Ross? I'm quite sure the BIL needs a few of those in him... I could also do with a couple...

;)

No, but our Bo Jingles Cherry chocolate imp stout may well be on tap.
Otherwise, you'll need to get down to our brewery for a beer...

Cheers Ross

Liam_snorkel said:
At this stage I'll be with a small crew heading to brewhouse for lunch on sat then to green beacon & newstead brewery
Nutz, looks like I'll miss you then, can't make it at lunch time I don't think..

If I can get to the scratch by half 3 I might have a couple with Nick, head to the brewhouse and meet up with the BIL at ~half 4 and back to scratch about half 7.. It's as close as I can get to a workable plan with logistics in mind (coming from chelmer and probably returning to towong)

Cheers

No worries, don't go out if your way for me! Whatever works for you!

If we catch up, we catch up!

Cheers!

Hope to see you around the traps!

Only just found out today (and I bloody work for them) but there's track work going on, so busses are replacing trains between Corinda and Roma st both ways.... Not sure if this affects your plans Yob - just take into account extra travel time if it does.

Cheers

Due to this fact, I think we might head straight to The Brewhouse and then head to the cricket from there.... Better than juggling busses later in the day.....

Let me know when you're there and where you are, Yob. I would imagine we'd have an eta of around 2-2:30 or so.

Cheers

Sorry guys, I'm out. SWMBOs nan has just gone into a coma and doesn't look like she will see the night out.

Back