Schofferhofer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuwort

Reaction score
I went to my local Dan's last night (Currambine) to discover that they are out of Weihenstephan Hefe, so I purchased a sixpack of Scofferhofer. Not bad, but not as good as Weihenstephan. Can any one point me in the right direction of a good hefe?

Cheers

Stu

1st Choice. Schneider Weisse. Original. Or aventinus.

Also, franziskaner kaiser hell.

And weihenstephan dunkel.

Schofferhoffer is lolly water. It's the rekorderling of weizens.

PS: should you be lucky enough to get any, schlenkerla (however they spell it) smoked weizen. Superb.

If you can find it "Maisels Weisse" it's up there with the best :icon_drool2:

Schofferhoffer is lolly water. It's the rekorderling of weizens.
Big fan of Schoffer here, particularly the Heffe. Very nice. I also enjoy the Franziskaner Heffe.

I was bummed when I got back from Frankfurt to learn that Schoffer was produced a couple of hundred metres from where I had been...

EDIT: not a big fan of Weihenstephan, too herbal and medicinal for my liking...

+1 for the Schneider Weisse Original, I prefer it to the Schofferhofer anyday

QldKev

I went to my local Dan's last night (Currambine) to discover that they are out of Weihenstephan Hefe, so I purchased a sixpack of Scofferhofer. Not bad, but not as good as Weihenstephan. Can any one point me in the right direction of a good hefe?
I'll bet the shortage is due to this: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...l=Weihenstephan

Was it just the hefe they were out of? I love the Weihenstephan Dunkel....have you tried?

Belgian blonde ales. They have a lot of the banana and cloves of hefes - and are quite similar tasting.

Try a Leffe Blonde or a La Trappe Blonde. IMO, they taste more like hefes than Belgian Wits.

Make a hefeweizen without any wheat in it - wheat plays almost no part in the taste of a hefe.

Except a nice German wheat ale tastes like a liquid loaf, fruity and spicy. The feeling is quite different, to me. It's like eating rice and eating bread, very different feelings.

Latest posts

Back